Next signing almost over the line....Happy about this?

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What about all them goals he's scored?

From the wing. He doesn’t score as a striker.

Im old fashioned. He found a system that worked like a dream. I want us to use that system for 80/90% of the season.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

It’s pretty obvious he’s Berahino’s replacement. Moore has done well with his striking options IMO but the juries out on that with a lot on here.

How?

Betahino is a striker. Wilks is a winger.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Moore wants to play different formations, according to the likes of Dom Howson.

We could see Windass and Wilks used as two of the '3' in a 4-2-3-1 at times, perhaps?

It definitely looks like our signings are geared up to give us flexibility to either start with different formations or even change formation mid game (Particularly with the 5 sub rule coming in). I know a settled side and formation is a good thing but it is a long old season and if we want to go up automatically we will need to change things up sometimes. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

How?

Betahino is a striker. Wilks is a winger.

A lad who scored goals either from down the middle or out wide. Watch his YouTube highlights, he hardly hugs the touchline like an orthodox winger. Trust the manager. He knows what he’s doing.

• Like 4

In all honesty I know next to nowt about this lad other than his stats but based on that video he looks much more a striker than a winger to me. Seems to have a good knack of finding himself a bit of space in the box. A few more headers in there than I was expecting too. Very encouraging.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Have a completely different view,  personally think it could be our best signing this summer. He will be used as a striker option,  having 4 strikers is not too many it’s the perfect amount.  To cover injuries, fatigue and suspensions. 

Last season when Gregory and Windass were injured we were left with Berahino, Paterson and Sow.  To have the 4 strikers we may have this season is fantastic.

Sir Alex seemed to manage Cole, Yorke, Solksjaer and Sheringham just fine. And Warnock used to have 5 strikers in a matchday squad.   

Agreed.

5 subs allowed this season too which could be huge . 

Options !!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

From what I’ve heard about his off the field antics then absolutely not.  Very difficult to ignore. 

It’s difficult to ignore but I thought as a club we were past players like that.

I’m Moore I trust …. 

51 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

You are having a mare here 

Looks to me the kid can play anywhere along the front line 

Scores a lot of headers for a winger

Bang on,  most of his goals are from central striking positions.  He can play as a striker.  Antonio was sometimes a right back or winger.  Then after he left the owls he was played as a central striker -that’s crazy he’s a winger!! - and he has been fantastic since.  

Let’s see how Moore decides to use him if he signs