Next signing almost over the line....Happy about this?

For £200k the reward outweighs the risk. 

I’ve been sceptical because I’m unsure how he fits into the side. His seasons of scoring 14 & 19 at this level both came playing as a sort of inside right winger. However I think he will be used a ST alongside Smith, Gregory & Paterson. 

All things considered it’s a good signing when you consider his age, fee, goals & promotion from this level. 

• Like 5

A good signing but that’s now Wilks, Gregory, Smith, Windass and Paterson up front.

We won’t be playing him out wide as we play wingbacks and it’s starting to feel like we have one too many forwards.

I’m not moaning as he is a good signing but it feels a little bit like when we signed Winnall but then went and got Rhodes anyway as well.

I really don’t want to come across as negative as he is a good signing but I just feel like with so many strikers, there’ll be a lot of chopping and changing up front and it’ll not allow the continuity for a partnership to form over time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I reckon we could sell Paterson for £200k or loan him out get a loan fee and save his wages will be £200k

Gregory, Smith, Wilks, Widnass all for £200k bargin!

Windass reportedly cost us around £500k.

Still, £700k for that lot vs £8m for Jordan Rhodes puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

😳

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If he can get back to the player he was then an excellent signing, if he doesn't Darren is going to take a kicking.

I'm optimistic he will.

Bloody sad news about Harry Gration RIP

What are you optimistic about?

That Wilks will get back to what he was

or

That Darren Moore is going to take a kicking.lol

Edited by oldtawnyowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, S63 Owl said:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-striker-edging-towards-7252251

Sounds like a done deal. Will bring age of squad down a fair bit and did well last time

he played in League 1. Could be a bargain for £200k

£200k is a pisstake if true. When  he wants DC does know how to  negotiate. Well done. 

Would be the most intriguing signing so far, a player who could really develop into an asset. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

A good signing but that’s now Wilks, Gregory, Smith, Windass and Paterson up front.

We won’t be playing him out wide as we play wingbacks and it’s starting to feel like we have one too many forwards.

I’m not moaning as he is a good signing but it feels a little bit like when we signed Winnall but then went and got Rhodes anyway as well.

I really don’t want to come across as negative as he is a good signing but I just feel like with so many strikers, there’ll be a lot of chopping and changing up front and it’ll not allow the continuity for a partnership to form over time.

Moore wants to play different formations, according to the likes of Dom Howson.

We could see Windass and Wilks used as two of the '3' in a 4-2-3-1 at times, perhaps?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I expect DM and his staff no a bit more about this football malarkey than any of us lot tho Trev

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

For £200k the reward outweighs the risk. 

I’ve been sceptical because I’m unsure how he fits into the side. His seasons of scoring 14 & 19 at this level both came playing as a sort of inside right winger. However I think he will be used a ST alongside Smith, Gregory & Paterson. 

All things considered it’s a good signing when you consider his age, fee, goals & promotion from this level. 

Nice to have options, isn’t it? 

Without sounding over excited, it feels like this is the clearest and most balanced squad we’ve had in a few years. With a couple more defensive additions, we look like we could line up in any 1 of 3 or 4 different systems with real depth and quality across the park. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

I expect DM and his staff no a bit more about this football malarkey than any of us lot tho Trev

Yeah I don’t doubt that pal, just giving my opinion in a thread where the OP was asking if we were happy with the signing.

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Moore wants to play different formations, according to the likes of Dom Howson.

We could see Windass and Wilks used as two of the '3' in a 4-2-3-1 at times, perhaps?

Which to me suggests there’ll be quite a lot of “tinkering” with the forward line.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Woah, woah, woah!

Don't go pushing things too far, eh?

We've got some reyt tactical geniuses on here.

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5