Matches you've been to abroad

On 24/06/2022 at 06:43, BridportOwl said:

Been to most grounds in North Wales to see Cymru Premier games.

In Europe I have been to Barca v Espanyol, Real Madrid V Sevilla and AC Milan V Empoli (possibly the worst game I have watched).

When in the US I went to see Seattle V Minnesota Unite, that was good fun.  I overhead one woman saying to her friend that she only comes to watch the second half as nothing interesting happens in the first half. They had these really cringe worthy 'super fans' with loud speakers who stand on plinths singing awful songs to get the crowd going.

Yep...  I go to Seattle Sounders vs Whitecaps games each year....  Was there for our match a couple of weeks ago...    Don't mind the the Brass Band (Sound Wave)...   Sort of like the Owls band but ... nah nothing like the Owls band... LOL
On the other side of things I can't stand that stupid   "Fight......  And Win"  idiot...

Side Note: Seattle (along with Vancouver) were awarded World Cup games in 4 years...    Both pretty impressive stadiums that will need to put down some real grass to satisfy FIFA....

4 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Yep...  I go to Seattle Sounders vs Whitecaps games each year....  Was there for our match a couple of weeks ago...    Don't mind the the Brass Band (Sound Wave)...   Sort of like the Owls band but ... nah nothing like the Owls band... LOL
On the other side of things I can't stand that stupid   "Fight......  And Win"  idiot...

Side Note: Seattle (along with Vancouver) were awarded World Cup games in 4 years...    Both pretty impressive stadiums that will need to put down some real grass to satisfy FIFA....

I loved the ground and when I was walking down and asked people for directions everyone was really friendly, asked me what team back home I supported,  they were interested to know what I thought about the quality of the football etc. I showed the bloke next to me some video that I had taken of our play off game V Brighton and he was blown away.

Lazio v Ascoli when I was pretty young, Di canio played. Still got the lazio shirt my dad got me for the game with Di canio’s name on the back. Some old bloke sat next to us and opened a lunch box with air bombs in it, I ran to the concourse in tears. Think lazio won 3-1.

Boca v Argentinos juniors In the copa de superliga semi final at la bombenera. Some proper spine tingling moments. Tevez played. Only had XXL knock off shirts left with his name on the back so tucked it in my jeans, along with the haircut an Argentina barber had given me the day before I looked a proper gypo. Boca either won or drew to get to the final but I can’t really remember. We flew to Iguazu a few days later and the airport was packed with boca fans travelling to the final.

Medellin derby, Athletico Nacional v Independiente Medellin. Batshit mental. Couldn’t see the pitch the first 20 minutes because of flares and smoke bombs. Went intending to support nacional because independiente had a bit of red on their shirts. Got speaking to some independiente fans before the game though and they adopted us. Got absolutely steaming and had a great day/night. Ended 2-2.

Bolivar v somebody, I can’t remember. Horrendous standard. Got a bolivar shirt for 2 quid though. They also give you a bit of foam to sit on which everyone chucks on the pitch at the end of the game. Bolivar won and some lad got a hat Trick that wouldn’t get a snif in the blades super draw.

Done a few England games, most notable beating Spain 3-2 in Seville after being 3 up in about 20 minutes.