Luongo and Mendez Laing... are we stronger or weaker, now they have left?

Luongo is a miss. Vaulks should step into that void though. 

Believe MDL is utterly replaceable. No great loss there.

Obviously squad depth is important so had either of them stayed, it'd been a bonus. Not the end of the world though as I do believe we'll replace them with equivalent or better.

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

No player is bigger than the club.

ML is a loss but you have to factor in his injury record and possible World Cup call up. We have too many sick notes as it is so it’s a case of head ruling the heart. 

NML is a bad egg, we gave him an opportunity after his cocaine fiasco. 

2 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

ML is a loss but you have to factor in his injury record and possible World Cup call up. We have too many sick notes as it is so it’s a case of head ruling the heart. 

I didn’t know he had been caught doing drugs.  When was this 

2 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

The squad overall is weaker than last seasons.... so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We need to sign someone with pace, NML stood out and created chances because on form he was direct and  created opportunities, we still need to replace him Anderson we be a young like for like if we could get him.

Vaulks is on par with Massimo, great addition to the first team.

on the 23rd of June slightly weaker by the end of July 100% we will be much stronger and better balanced.

• Like 2

Recruitment so far is excellent. I loved Luongo but in truth he was only fit for half of his time here. NML is replaceable and he cost us defeat against Sunderland imo. I expect another 6 signings and if of the calibre to date we'll be good to go for top 2.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I would argue that we are now weaker for them leaving and we still need better signings than we have already made.

But hey sports fans what do you think?  

I actually think we are stronger. NML didn't do enough over the time he was here and Luongo sadly was injured far too often.

Ultimately of course time will tell.

• Like 1

Mendez-Laing was a squad player, nice option to have but not essential.

Luongo, when on the pitch was excellent, but him being on the pitch far from guaranteed.

In signing Vaulks don't think we are weaker, replaced someone who had to be managed and nursed through busy periods, and although excellent at what he did, we now have more of an all rounder in Vaulks.

In summary Mendez-Laing replaceable in due course. If we were playing top trumps, Vaulks a slight upgrade on Luongo, but both excellent players at this level.