Matchday prices announced

6 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

When DC took over we were the biggest club in Sheffield too but our crowds have been on a downward trend since 2016/17 and their’s have been on an upward trend since 2015/16,

We need to reverse that trend if we want to be the biggest club in Sheffield again but DC doesn’t seem to want to try attract new fans 

This statistic just needs slamming onto the desk in front of Liam Dooley and Chansiri. 

12 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

In the last 30 years our overall average attendance is 23,795. That’s from 9 seasons of PL football, 16 of Championship and 5 in Lg1.

Our average last season for LG1 football was 22,470. So our attendances aren’t dropping at all, they are round about what they’ve always been as an average.

We have a core 21k home fans but that realistically can drop by 4k if things are bad, regardless of ticket prices. Then it can also increase by 4k if we are challenging for promotion again regardless of ticket prices. 

So you use stats for when we were a premier league when i use the figure from when Chansiri lost the plot increased prices, the standard of football on other has got worse season on season and in 6 season the average attendances have dropped 4,500.

This trend will continue until common sense is used with the POTG ticket prices. Money is tight for most people £25-30 for a third division game is too much.

We do have 18,000 season ticket holder but i suspect that comes no where near to the figure we need in the stands to cover our outgoings. 

Same prices as last season apart from the additional A* games which will probably be Barnsley and Derby along with the first game v Portsmouth. 

They seems to be fewer midweek home games this season with it starting a week earlier and finishing a week later.

Maybe a good time for those that get put off buying a season ticket because they can't make midweek games purchasing one this season. 

If Wednesday drop the prices to 20 quid a game, we won't sell enough additional tickets to cover the difference.

If Wednesday make it free entry, we still wouldn't 'sell out' every game.

If it was as simple as that then every club would be doing it. When infact it cost me £24 to watch Notts County in the playoffs a few weeks ago.

Always going to be a number of factors affecting POTG

Our form/league position, opponents league position, midweek or weekend, kick off time, televised or not, weather, can even throw in train strikes now!

Apart from literally a handful of games over last 30 years, you could get a ticket right up until kick off

Let’s face it, predicting attendances is a sport on here 😄

16 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

In the last 30 years our overall average attendance is 23,795. That’s from 9 seasons of PL football, 16 of Championship and 5 in Lg1.

Our average last season for LG1 football was 22,470. So our attendances aren’t dropping at all, they are round about what they’ve always been as an average.

We have a core 21k home fans but that realistically can drop by 4k if things are bad, regardless of ticket prices. Then it can also increase by 4k if we are challenging for promotion again regardless of ticket prices. 

Since DC took over at Wednesday these are the average attendances of the two Sheffield clubs:

Wednesday:

2015/16 - 22,641

2016/17 - 27,129

2017/18 - 25,995

2018/19 - 24,429

2019/20 - 23,733

2020/21 - n/a

2021/22 - 22,470

United:

2015/16 - 19,803

2016/17 - 21,892

2017/18 - 26,414

2018/19 - 26,177

2019/20 - 30,869

2020/21 - n/a

2021/22 - 27,611

Obviously the league positions of the two clubs over the last 7 years will be the main reason for the increase in their attendances and the decline in ours but I think you’re burying your head in the sand if you don’t realise that cost is also a factor.

And you don’t need to be a statistician to see which way the two clubs attendances are trending 

Guest Mcguigan
4 hours ago, room0035 said:

So you use stats for when we were a premier league when i use the figure from when Chansiri lost the plot increased prices, the standard of football on other has got worse season on season and in 6 season the average attendances have dropped 4,500.

This trend will continue until common sense is used with the POTG ticket prices. Money is tight for most people £25-30 for a third division game is too much.

We do have 18,000 season ticket holder but i suspect that comes no where near to the figure we need in the stands to cover our outgoings. 

I used stats based on 30 years attendances, which included 9 seasons in the PL.

You used a figure that was our highest league average, outside of the PL for 70 years and price increase you mentioned had already kicked in.

So actually you’ve confirm my point that we do a hardcore of 21k fans and that fluctuates by 4k or so based on how the well the team does, not the price.