Matchday prices announced

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our fan base is getting older, we do nothing to attract new fans, we do nothing to get students into Hillsborough.

Our plan is if your a fan you buy a season ticket, everyone else can lump it.

From 2016/17 our average attendance has been dropping year on year in just 6 seasons its  gone from 27,000 to 22,400. I suspect this trend will continue as finance get tighter for many people.

What was average attendance last season?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Tire of these threads a bit.

Essentially we have 15,000 empty seats because our capacity is too big for our regularly attending fanbase.

We could give them away for nowt and within three or games it would be the same fans turning up that are purchasing season tickets every season.

if there giving away for free  all the seats that arnt sold why would anyone buy a season ticket if they can get in for free ......... doesnt sound like a money maker to me 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nobody can ever (ever) convince me of the need for any tiers, phases or categories at all

It is a pretty outdated approach, be a great selling tool to say every match at Hillsborough is x amount, fans would get on board immediately. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our fan base is getting older, we do nothing to attract new fans, we do nothing to get students into Hillsborough.

From 2016/17 our average attendance has been dropping year on year in just 6 seasons its  gone from 27,000 to 22,400. I suspect this trend will continue as finance get tighter for many people.

i don’t think our fanbase will ever die out to a dramatic scale wednesday’s not just a club its a heritage always has been always will be same with the piggy’s theres no choice in which team you support unless your either a judas or someone who’s an outsider to sheffield 

the last few years have been rocky but you should already know its a bumpy ride its same for the pigs they were trapped in league 1 for 6yrs yet they still manage to keep decent numbers don’t get how mind you because all i’ve ever seen em do is long ball and fall over 

63B29B70-259A-4F9A-88B1-B210965411EF.png.47a24e169d5f780a7c95e1674261ae37.png

end of day i couldn’t care where we are as a club we play good football (when we’re not ****housing about) and its the team i love and its the team many others love think a lot thats said is overdramatised heavily compared to the high’s and low’s we’ve had we’re all passionate about the club and i understand fans get upset but you just need to think how many other clubs than use are actually seeing proper success outside the top flight other than the main 6 we still rack amazing numbers for the league we’re in and i know a few that have renewed their season tickets for this season because of how its looking alone would love to see more fans at hillsborough but thats going to come with success and it seems like we’re going in the right direction footballs not always glory the only thing we can do is sit back and watch 

in regards to the ticket prices its inflation if you have faith in wednesday you’ll buy it simple as but for the less fortunate i wish them the best they need to value money over everything else so it is what it is 

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
34 minutes ago, room0035 said:

In the last 30 years our overall average attendance is 23,795. That’s from 9 seasons of PL football, 16 of Championship and 5 in Lg1.

Our average last season for LG1 football was 22,470. So our attendances aren’t dropping at all, they are round about what they’ve always been as an average.

We have a core 21k home fans but that realistically can drop by 4k if things are bad, regardless of ticket prices. Then it can also increase by 4k if we are challenging for promotion again regardless of ticket prices. 

Just now, Mcguigan said:

In the last 30 years our overall average attendance is 23,795. That’s from 9 seasons of PL football, 16 of Championship and 5 in Lg1.

Our average last season for LG1 football was 22,470. So our attendances aren’t dropping at all, they are round about what they’ve always been as an average.

We have a core 21k home fans but that realistically can drop by 4k if things are bad, regardless of ticket prices. Then it can also increase by 4k if we are challenging for promotion again regardless of ticket prices. 

It's a real shame we can't have a stadium that's instantly expandable
Like something out of the future or summat

For most games it'd be a 25,000 seater but then when a big game comes up additional stands can be locked onto it to take it up to 50,000 (or however many we could sell)
That's the dream

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Are this year’s membership prices out yet? Or likely to follow shortly?

They said the benefits will be same but not revealed price. Will be released next week apparently. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

We’ve stagnated while football has flourished though…..due to 20 years of abject failure no doubt.

Averages were at 21,125 in the first season of the Premier League, 30,000 by 1999, 35,000 by 2003 and circa 40k last season.

Crowds in the second tier averaged 7,688 in 1986 and it’s well over 20,000 now and League One averaged 8,724 in 2019; they were 5,000 25 years ago.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/sport/article/english-football-highest-attendances

• Like 3

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We are competing again teams locally in higher leagues charging less.

Dont kid yourself this is value for money its only £25-30 if we get promoted the prices will be back up nearer £35.

I don’t get your point, if we go up then absolutely so should the ticket price to roughly £30 average.

Like it or not football is not the same as it was in the 80’s, and it’s still completely affordable imo to the average working person

I understand why people don’t want categories, however I don’t mind them, as long as they’re transparent at the start of the season. 

any team that falls into xyz when we play them falls into this category. Any that falls into abc falls into this category. 

I imagine that Barnsley and Derby will be Cat A*, don’t understand how Charlton can fall into Cat A though. 

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

When DC took over we were the biggest club in Sheffield too but our crowds have been on a downward trend since 2016/17 and their’s have been on an upward trend since 2015/16,

We need to reverse that trend if we want to be the biggest club in Sheffield again but DC doesn’t seem to want to try attract new fans 

• Like 2