Matchday prices announced

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Thing is there's plenty that have been since 2015

This is true
Matchday attendances have grown in recent years
Need to see how many renew season tickets now (I'd guess most of them unless the cost of living crisis has kicked in on them)

But pricing is good

Just need to get rid of the categories, tiers and phases

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

If they want 5 categories, why not just A to E instead of a stupid A and A*. Just too add more confusion to the system.

So they can claim prices haven’t changed from last season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swfcsi said:

Still think with all these hard times with prices going up on food and bills ect football clubs could lower the prices ..

i'm sure everything is going up for the clubs as well why would you expect them to drop there prices ?........

Just now, torryowl said:

i'm sure everything is going up for the clubs as well why would you expect them to drop there prices ?........

This is the point

Everyone and everyting is being impacted by Brexit and the cost of living crisis

Clubs will have increased bills so shouldn't be expected to drop their prices

But it remains to be seen how it impacts football fans

My guess is if you've got a season ticket then you'll be ok as you'll have paid it off in advance etc

Owlstalk Shop

Roughly £25-30 to watch Sheffield Wednesday in a league game at Hillsborough is not expensive for 2022.

Seriously have a look at the match day pricing from 10, 15, 20 years ago and you’ll see that they have barely moved, coupled with kids getting in for almost nothing 

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Tire of these threads a bit.

Essentially we have 15,000 empty seats because our capacity is too big for our regularly attending fanbase.

We could give them away for nowt and within three or games it would be the same fans turning up that are purchasing season tickets every season.

The penny should have dropped by now whilst we are out of top flight and for a few games when we're in it, 25k home seats is plenty.

Even giving away 10-15,000 every game will still  generate income, as they will buy food, drink and merchandise at the ground.

and the atmosphere may well spur the team on. But we will adopt your policy and give it 5-10 years and 12-15,000 gates will be the norm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Even giving away 10-15,000 every game will still  generate income, as they will buy food, drink and merchandise at the ground.

and the atmosphere may well spur the team on. But we will adopt your policy and give it 5-10 years and 12-15,000 gates will be the norm.

No it won't
The hype of football grows the crowds year on year
The coverage, the media spotlight, the social media etc

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Tire of these threads a bit.

Essentially we have 15,000 empty seats because our capacity is too big for our regularly attending fanbase.

We could give them away for nowt and within three or games it would be the same fans turning up that are purchasing season tickets every season.

The penny should have dropped by now whilst we are out of top flight and for a few games when we're in it, 25k home seats is plenty.

Quite happy with that, even though ST holder that's my choice  yes sell tickets of cheap for games of kids free with adults...something better than nothing.

39 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

I think that people who expect £20 a game in 2022 for the fourth division let alone our level in todays football climate are living in cloud cuckoo land.

There are many things we haven’t got right as a club but pricing is in my view absolutely bang on when considering the market (rough average £50 premier league, £30 championship, £25 league one)

By my reckoning I think the average match day price at Hillsborough  has gone up roughly £5 in 10 odd years (had a season ticket for over 15 years but remember buying tickets for uni mates in 2007 for £26 on the North) which is madness when considering inflation 

We are competing again teams locally in higher leagues charging less.

Dont kid yourself this is value for money its only £25-30 if we get promoted the prices will be back up nearer £35.

Just now, Swfcsi said:

They get more than enough money they just over spend it 

well i dont know how much they bring in but seen we lose north of a million quid a month and still have team in the 3rd tier so i dont see how how cutting income is going to help .

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No it won't
The hype of football grows the crowds year on year
The coverage, the media spotlight, the social media etc

Our fan base is getting older, we do nothing to attract new fans, we do nothing to get students into Hillsborough.

Our plan is if your a fan you buy a season ticket, everyone else can lump it.

From 2016/17 our average attendance has been dropping year on year in just 6 seasons its  gone from 27,000 to 22,400. I suspect this trend will continue as finance get tighter for many people.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our fan base is getting older, we do nothing to attract new fans, we do nothing to get students into Hillsborough.

Our plan is if your a fan you buy a season ticket, everyone else can lump it.

From 2016/17 our average attendance has been dropping year on year in just 6 seasons its  gone from 27,000 to 22,400. I suspect this trend will continue as finance get tighter for many people.

One of my sons is going to be a Sheff Uni student this season and I had a look to see what is on offer for them. Under 21s are classed as a Concession (same as a pensioner). It’s no too bad but most Uni students don’t finish their course until quite a bit after they are 21. While I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to give people a discount just because they have chosen to study you’d think tapping into the tens of thousands of Uni students in a more focused way might be a good long term bet for the club. Loads of people who study in Sheffield stay in the area long term so it isn’t just about getting them interested for the 3 or 4 years they are at Uni. 

• Like 1