Matchday prices announced

7 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

How can you have a * in league 1  😆.

Mighty Dingles or Rams.

Incase we get to the play offs again they can charge more. Very short sighted by the ones setting the ticket prices.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

It's more the kids prices that frustrate me. Under 5s are £5 then it doubles in price. Not many kids under 5 are going enjoy it that much anyway. I'd make it a fiver right up to 16 year old.

Less than 4 pound a game for u11s with a season ticket 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We also had 15,000 empty seats because £25-30 is too much for walk up fans to attend watching watch division 3 football.

£20 is plenty for division 3 football.

Tire of these threads a bit.

Essentially we have 15,000 empty seats because our capacity is too big for our regularly attending fanbase.

We could give them away for nowt and within three or games it would be the same fans turning up that are purchasing season tickets every season.

The penny should have dropped by now whilst we are out of top flight and for a few games when we're in it, 25k home seats is plenty.

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Less than 4 pound a game for u11s with a season ticket 

Which is great value if you can go to every game. I work a lot of Saturdays so wouldn't be worthwhile getting a season ticket. Like I said before the adult matchday prices are just about acceptable for league one football but kids 5 and over is too much IMO

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We also had 15,000 empty seats because £25-30 is too much for walk up fans to attend watching watch division 3 football.

Perhaps. I dunno. If that's so then tier five and six clubs are massively overcharging and perhaps you'd think they are. I didn't have a sense paying £20 at York last season was particularly surprising or out of order.

My vote would definitely be to do more to bring kids and young people in. There has been a weird price spike at age 17 which makes no sense in terms of income available to that age group. I'd also go quite hard on student discounts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Yeah they should be. Portsmouth is Category A* and Charlton is Category A. I don't think they are too bad for adults to be honest but I'm gonna start taking my son who's just turned 5 and £10 seems a bit steep for that age.

Have they already said Portsmouth is A* ?

How are category prices determined? Based on final positions last season Portsmouth were basically mid-table (10th) so should be CATEGORY B on this criteria.

Maybe they are based on the position of the opposing club when they play us. As above,  based on all teams level at start of season.

Low and behold they are CATEGORY A* which means at least another half dozen will be classed as similar.

If geography is a factor then this match should be CATEGORY D.

IMO a poor system of pricing. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I think that people who expect £20 a game in 2022 for the fourth division let alone our level in todays football climate are living in cloud cuckoo land.

There are many things we haven’t got right as a club but pricing is in my view absolutely bang on when considering the market (rough average £50 premier league, £30 championship, £25 league one)

By my reckoning I think the average match day price at Hillsborough  has gone up roughly £5 in 10 odd years (had a season ticket for over 15 years but remember buying tickets for uni mates in 2007 for £26 on the North) which is madness when considering inflation 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Tire of these threads a bit.

Essentially we have 15,000 empty seats because our capacity is too big for our regularly attending fanbase. 

The flip side to that argument is that we'd have a higher regularly attending fanbase with cheaper pricing

(That's not MY view necessarily but the flip side to what you're saying)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

How are category prices determined? Based on final positions last season Portsmouth were basically mid-table (10th) so should be CATEGORY B on this criteria.

Maybe they are based on the position of the opposing club when they play us. As above,  based on all teams level at start of season.

Low and behold they are CATEGORY A* which means at least another half dozen will be classed as similar.

If geography is a factor then this match should be CATEGORY D.

IMO a poor system of pricing. 

it’s based on level of interest I imagine, so first home game of the season = high category. 

I expect the final game will be too, plus New Year’s Day, maybe the Barnsley match and any top of the table clashes 

Guest Andy W
2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Yeah they should be. Portsmouth is Category A* and Charlton is Category A. I don't think they are too bad for adults to be honest but I'm gonna start taking my son who's just turned 5 and £10 seems a bit steep for that age.

Should be free for the young man imho