England, or Exeter away?!

8 hours ago, mancowl08 said:

I’d pick England all day long! Love watching my country play. 
I’m a season ticket holder by the way, but no way would I miss England v France in a knockout game (as an example) ….. over Exeter v Wednesday! 
That’s just me though, each to their own! 

Really… REALLY.

As you say, each to their own.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, striker said:

Exeter away and any other Wednesday match. Not even a difficult decision.  

I don't watch international football, have a passing interest in tournaments, but mostly annoyed by middle aged (usually) women festooned in flags and an approximation of an England shirt cluttering up tesco before England games, until some EPL 'supersar' balloons a penalty over the bar and we all go back to normal.  

exactly this, everyone and their grandmother turns into a football expert 

it’s pathetic 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

All these people saying ‘couldn’t care less’ I get the sentiment, but are you honestly telling me that when the whole nation is gripped by world cup fever, millions of people are going to pubs to watch that you won’t watch? 

Obviously if it’s like Australia v some tinpot African team then it’s not gonna be worth watching and I’d go to Hillsborough or an away game.

yes I haven’t bothered for the last 2 tournament, didn’t give a monkeys 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Can someone explain 

How come leagues one and two are continuing through the World Cup I thought everyone has a break 🤷‍♂️

Not enough players will be jetting off from Leagues One and Two to play in it.

Would be pretty hard on those clubs further down the pyramid if there was a months break when often you get the biggest crowds of the season.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Just who would pick England game instead of the Owls.?

Quite a few Owls follow England home and away. I would imagine a few have already booked up for Qatar, as the ticket sales period for England Travel Club members has already been and gone. 

I'm in the travel club but won't be going to Qatar.

• Like 1

couldn't give a flying tosss about england not watched them since euros .  quite happy to be in league 1 just for this season also dont miss tues night games nearly every week in championship while having 5 blank international weekend breaks . 

22 hours ago, alanharper said:

With us having to play during the World Cup, here are the potential clashes with SWFC fixtures 

Obviously I'll put SWFC first, but I'll still be annoyed at missing WC games.

26 November- FA Cup round 2 weekend (if we make it that far this year!)

A Friday night fixture would clash with England v USA. There are also 4 group games each on the Saturday and Sunday including France v Denmark, Argentina v Mexico and Spain v Germany

3rd December - Wayne Rooney's Derby County away

The opening second round game is at 3pm, potentially England play in that if we finish second in the group stage. May switch this to an early KO just in case? 

10th December - Exeter away

A quarter final at 3pm, and the 7pm quarter final is potentially England v France

17th December - Oxford at home 

3rd place play off at 3pm, nobody really cares about that tbh.

Be shocked if the derby away isn't moved to be on sky.  There will be no premier League or championship games so sky will likely show a few league 1 game's during world cup.

Wouldn't worry about Exeter as England won't get to QF stage.

12 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

exactly this, everyone and their grandmother turns into a football expert 

it’s pathetic 

Why is it pathetic? 

Pathetic because the footballing nation gets together and supports the country and it installs a bit of national togetherness every now and again? 

You must be fun at parties. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Depending on the WC kick off times, I would have thought EFL games will be moved to an earlier kickoff!

They have to give a certain amount of notice before changing KO times, so they couldn't just move games at the last minute if for example England slip to second in the group in their last game and end up playing the second round game on the Saturday afternoon.

Clubs may move the KOs anyway to set on the side of caution, however if England win the group and make the QF it would start at 7pm so clubs may leave the 3pm KOs as they are. However this would mean thousands of away fans round the country missing the game, not forgetting those who travel long distance for home games. 

But then if they did shift all the KOs to lunchtime it'd mean a bloody early start for us to get to Exeter! 

Edited by alanharper