England, or Exeter away?!

Exeter. England are playing in a corrupt competition, built on the backs of an underclass treated like slaves. I wont give it my attention (until I break and start watching when england get further into the competition). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

With us having to play during the World Cup, here are the potential clashes with SWFC fixtures 

Obviously I'll put SWFC first, but I'll still be annoyed at missing WC games.

26 November- FA Cup round 2 weekend (if we make it that far this year!)

A Friday night fixture would clash with England v USA. There are also 4 group games each on the Saturday and Sunday including France v Denmark, Argentina v Mexico and Spain v Germany

3rd December - Wayne Rooney's Derby County away

The opening second round game is at 3pm, potentially England play in that if we finish second in the group stage. May switch this to an early KO just in case? 

10th December - Exeter away

A quarter final at 3pm, and the 7pm quarter final is potentially England v France

17th December - Oxford at home 

3rd place play off at 3pm, nobody really cares about that tbh.

It will ******** me off massively. Love watching England in major tournaments. Not happy at all about this!

• Like 1

Championship are having a break for World Cup, I guess this will mean extra midweek games during other parts of season. 

Leagues one, two and National leagues could benefit from no Premier League and Championship games with a few more people through turnstiles. 

• Like 3

All these people saying ‘couldn’t care less’ I get the sentiment, but are you honestly telling me that when the whole nation is gripped by world cup fever, millions of people are going to pubs to watch that you won’t watch? 

Obviously if it’s like Australia v some tinpot African team then it’s not gonna be worth watching and I’d go to Hillsborough or an away game.

• Like 2

I have a significantly stronger connection with Wednesday than I do with England, we’re in this together, both the hard times and good, I love our club and our club culture, would always prioritise Wednesday.

As another poster said above, England are just another London club, it’s difficult to relate to them on the same level. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Can't remember last time I watched 90 minutes of an England game 

Only time ive ever watched England was 1962 v France at Hillsborough.  For some reason i wanted France to win, although Ron Springett was in goal.   Ended 1-1.  Ive seen Switzerland Spain and Germany more times than England.   Im talking live of course.   Guess I'm just not very patriotic.   Wednesday first for me.  

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

3rd December - Wayne Rooney's Derby County away

The opening second round game is at 3pm, potentially England play in that if we finish second in the group stage. May switch this to an early KO just in case? 

Until Derby get bought I have many doubts as to that fixture taking place.