England, or Exeter away?!

With us having to play during the World Cup, here are the potential clashes with SWFC fixtures 

Obviously I'll put SWFC first, but I'll still be annoyed at missing WC games.

26 November- FA Cup round 2 weekend (if we make it that far this year!)

A Friday night fixture would clash with England v USA. There are also 4 group games each on the Saturday and Sunday including France v Denmark, Argentina v Mexico and Spain v Germany

3rd December - Wayne Rooney's Derby County away

The opening second round game is at 3pm, potentially England play in that if we finish second in the group stage. May switch this to an early KO just in case? 

10th December - Exeter away

A quarter final at 3pm, and the 7pm quarter final is potentially England v France

17th December - Oxford at home 

3rd place play off at 3pm, nobody really cares about that tbh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

With us having to play during the World Cup, here are the potential clashes with SWFC fixtures 

Based on the Nation's League, England might not be worth watching; based on our dealings in the transfer market we just might be 😃

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, alanharper said:

A Friday night fixture would clash with England v USA. There are also 4 group games each on the Saturday and Sunday including France v Denmark, Argentina v Mexico and Spain v Germany

This one could be an issue being on a Friday night 

The opening second round game is at 3pm, potentially England play in that if we finish second in the group stage. May switch this to an early KO just in case? 

This will surely get picked for Sky so either early kick off or Friday night. Hopefully we win the group anyway. 

A quarter final at 3pm, and the 7pm quarter final is potentially England v France

Should be 7pm fingers crossed 

England will be playing the day after 

In my 40+ years i have enjoyed maybe 4 or 5 England games Holland in Euro 96 and Germany away in the qualifier when we won 5-1. But on the whole they are drab and boring to watch.

Southgate has fallen into the same routine as his predecessors, not picking the players in form or the players that should be playing, but instead the same group of 20 each time, then shoe horning them into a formation. We have so many good centre backs yet he plays a crap right back, Pickford is not England No1 but he always plays and midfield how the like of Henderson are picked before Rice, Bellingham, Grealish only Gareth can answer that one.

• Like 3

Exeter away and any other Wednesday match. Not even a difficult decision.  

I don't watch international football, have a passing interest in tournaments, but mostly annoyed by middle aged (usually) women festooned in flags and an approximation of an England shirt cluttering up tesco before England games, until some EPL 'supersar' balloons a penalty over the bar and we all go back to normal.  

Edited by striker
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Just who would pick England game instead of the Owls.?

• Like 2

I’d pick England all day long! Love watching my country play. 
I’m a season ticket holder by the way, but no way would I miss England v France in a knockout game (as an example) ….. over Exeter v Wednesday! 
That’s just me though, each to their own! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1