Good signings ??

7 minutes ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Evening all.

Just seen you have signed 2 lads from Rotherham who were their better players .anyone else joined ? 

Are yous happy with how it's gone si far .

Personally I think yous will walk the league and hope you do .

Good luck 

Well I think that on the whole we are delighted with how the transfer window is panning out, even though according to our chums at Rotherham, we’ve signed the worst two players ever to pull on a football shirt.

Also signed Vaulks from Cardiff, Stockdale from Wycombe  and a Wimbledon defender who statistically is really steady despite his team being a car crash last season.

So, yeah, it’s shaping up ok.

Hope you do ok next season - with Rotherham imploding that’s 6 points for you in the bag already!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Hi SAFC, yes we are all pretty delighted with the 5 signings, so far.

Hopes are already high we will be following you up next season.

Hope you are still enjoying that promotion feeling

Have you signed anyone yet ?

Who's the other 3 you have signed ? .

We've signed no one yet only Gooch has signed a new deal offered Roberts and Wright a new contract and released a lot .

Slightly worried at the moment as we need quite a few bodies in .

Our ownership saga has stopped quite a bit I think now that's been slightly resolved hope signings will follow .

Probably going to go down the loan and free agent route again unfortunately 

17 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Well I think that on the whole we are delighted with how the transfer window is panning out, even though according to our chums at Rotherham, we’ve signed the worst two players ever to pull on a football shirt.

Also signed Vaulks from Cardiff, Stockdale from Wycombe  and a Wimbledon defender who statistically is really steady despite his team being a car crash last season.

So, yeah, it’s shaping up ok.

Hope you do ok next season - with Rotherham imploding that’s 6 points for you in the bag already!

Just now, Safcfaninpeace said:

Decent set of signings them lot . Yous were one of the better sides last season fairly confident yous will go up as a lot on our forums are hoping yous do .

Just hope we don't trade places so can visit Hillsborough again hopefully on a Saturday next time 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Decent set of signings them lot . Yous were one of the better sides last season fairly confident yous will go up as a lot on our forums are hoping yous do .

Just hope we don't trade places so can visit Hillsborough again hopefully on a Saturday next time 

While the upper end of the championship is highly competitive, do not overestimate the level at the bottom end of it.  I think you lot will be fine, especially once you get the ownership stuff sorted out and can add to your squad.  You have enough players that are good enough to keep you up already, and then build from there.

11 hours ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Who's the other 3 you have signed ? .

We've signed no one yet only Gooch has signed a new deal offered Roberts and Wright a new contract and released a lot .

Slightly worried at the moment as we need quite a few bodies in .

Our ownership saga has stopped quite a bit I think now that's been slightly resolved hope signings will follow .

Probably going to go down the loan and free agent route again unfortunately 

We got ben hengahan David stockdale and got will valuks so far it been a good players to get in so far and all have been free transfers 

I think so yes. This is the sort of pragmatic transfer you want to see. I.e sensible amounts of money spent on proven performers at the given level in an effort to take you up.

What it's not (thankfully) is splurging big money on big names for sake of it or wasting money on talented people unproven in a while or at l1 level.