Michael Smith - Perfect signing

42 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

If Pato wasn't needed everywhere else on the pitch, Hunt would have never got near the pitch after the first Sunderland game.

I mean thats just completely false.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I mean thats just completely false.

Hunt was really bad at the time, he only came good once he had Storey and Byers behind him.

Pato in that game was the best RWB performance of the season.

Smith is a good signing in terms of we needed a target man.

Last year was his best ever scoring season though, before that he was more of a Nuhui in terms of scoring, so have to keep expectations realistic .

Still think Gregory is our main man up top and will score the most, if he keeps fit.

14 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I think you're forgetting Sibon and De Bilde.

We paid 2m for Sibon and  for our first two seasons in old First Division He was main reason why We didn't get relegated. Perhaps He would have kept us up 3'rd season, but We decided to get him off our wage bill. 

We paid 3m for DeBilde, and although He was right eejit He still scored 10 goals in his first PL season and managed to hit frame of the goal more times than any other player that season. 

Sorry mate, but We had far, far worst. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, malek said:

We paid 2m for Sibon and  for our first two seasons in old First Division He was main reason why We didn't get relegated. Perhaps He would have kept us up 3'rd season, but We decided to get him off our wage bill. 

We paid 3m for DeBilde, and although He was right eejit He still scored 10 goals in his first PL season and managed to hit frame of the goal more times than any other player that season. 

Sorry mate, but We had far, far worst. 

I don't think getting relegated with a strike partnership and one of them coming good at the bottom of the next division is something I'd class as a roaring success.