Michael Smith - Perfect signing

Guest DoesJackHunt

I’m really pleased with tonight’s signings.

I thought they where dead in the water yesterday, exactly what we need.
1 Cb, 1 left wing back and a pacey striker and I’m happy. If I’m greedy I would like an absolute dirty ******** to sit in front of the back four and an extra centre back. 

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

That I agree with. 

I never understood why we signed Rhodes when we did.

I mean neither we’re ever getting in ahead of Hooper Fletcher or Forestieri IMO when they were fit anyway, without even mentioning Joao, so win all would have made sense as a cheap back up option. 

Then Rhodes happened 🤣

This is it in a nutshell.

Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Joao were better players than both of them. And even Nuhiu offered something different. A complete waste of money both of them.

Anyway - at the moment we only have Gregory, Windass, Paterson and Sow - so let's home Smith's signing is 'just what we needed' rather than 'more of what we didn't'.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

This is it in a nutshell.

Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Joao were better players than both of them. And even Nuhiu offered something different. A complete waste of money both of them.

Anyway - at the moment we only have Gregory, Windass, Paterson and Sow - so let's home Smith's signing is 'just what we needed' rather than 'more of what we didn't'.

I do wonder if Paterson and Sow may become surplus to requirements? Both have one year left on their current contracts. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either or both leave before the end of the window.

Guest DoesJackHunt
11 minutes ago, Jim said:

I do wonder if Paterson and Sow may become surplus to requirements? Both have one year left on their current contracts. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either or both leave before the end of the window.

Up to them to prove themselves but Patterson already has for me.

I would have him for his sh!thousery alone,  until he’s 70 .  
Best squad player we’ve had since Bullen. In my opinion, I love a poo house.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I think Pato will play more than you think.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aingarth said:

We once signed a CF who was our most expensive signing. Jordan Rhodes didn’t do what we hoped because the playing set-up didn’t take advantage. But he has anothertwo years to go on his Huddersfield contract and almost achieved promotion to Prem League. Does Darren know how to set up for a proper CF?

He really performed last season for Huddersfield with those 3 league goals. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

Winnall never got a chance when he arrived he was the top scorer in the league, he had 11 goals in 22 when he joined then 3 weeks later we signed Rhodes on loan on big money.

Hindsight a great thing but i would loved us to not have signed Rhodes given Winnall the chance, Rhodes got and it could have been different, at the very least we would have been £15m better off as a football club

I do agree that buying both was utterly bizarre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Well I have to say I'm disappointed with these two deals.

I've just been reading through Millers Mad and it actually turns out that both Michaels are in fact a load of rubbish, and it seems they always have been.

According to twatter there snakes, rats and nonces 🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Aingarth said:

We once signed a CF who was our most expensive signing. Jordan Rhodes didn’t do what we hoped because the playing set-up didn’t take advantage. But he has anothertwo years to go on his Huddersfield contract and almost achieved promotion to Prem League. Does Darren know how to set up for a proper CF?

His 352 is absolutely ideal for a pairing of Smith and Gregory. There’s nothing to set up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Paterson is a cracking squad player he'll see out his contract, but I'd move sow on if possible and replace him with a young prem loan with some pace i don't rate him unfortunately.

Just now, Hodgyowl said:

Paterson is a cracking squad player he'll see out his contract, but I'd move sow on if possible and replace him with a young prem loan with some pace i don't rate him unfortunately.

He won’t want to be stuck on the bench often though. That happens and he’ll be pushing for a move come Christmas. I can see him going back home to Scotland TBH.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

He won’t want to be stuck on the bench often though. That happens and he’ll be pushing for a move come Christmas. I can see him going back home to Scotland TBH.

I hope not Jim he's a good solid player but I think 90 minutes week in week out would be too much for him 30 min a game or one game in two would be perfect. 

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Managers love Pato. He works hard and gets key goals. He'll play a fair bit still I reckon 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Paterson is currently 4th choice striker and about 6th choice midfilder.

Don't think he'll want to stay around.

He's our best RWB though.

Maybe he can play there if he's not needed everywhere else.

12 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Undecided if this is a great move or not.

Something very similar to the Sam Winnall transfer about this that just doesn’t sit well.

Hope to be proved wrong and happy with the Ihiekwe signing 

I think there are more comparables with the Chris O’Grady signing.