Michael Smith - Perfect signing

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Winnall was a cheap version of Rhodes in hindsight had Carlos given him the chance he could have saved us the £15m we wasted on Rhodes, (wages and transfer fee and loan fee)

That I agree with. 

I never understood why we signed Rhodes when we did.

I mean neither we’re ever getting in ahead of Hooper Fletcher or Forestieri IMO when they were fit anyway, without even mentioning Joao, so win all would have made sense as a cheap back up option. 

Then Rhodes happened 🤣

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Winnall was a cheap version of Rhodes in hindsight had Carlos given him the chance he could have saved us the £15m we wasted on Rhodes, (wages and transfer fee and loan fee)

Really?

We hammer Rhodes, but compare his contribution to Winnal’s.

1D41916E-B20C-4B54-B5BB-B2850892E508.png

42F5A20B-E433-4861-8153-FE8191B1705D.png

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Exactly what we need. An out and out CF.

Look at this….

He’s not a ‘forward’. He’s not a ‘winger who can play up front’. He’s a 100% unadulterated out and out CF. The perfect partner for Gregory.

Wonderful news.

Clearly means 352, but this year with two proper strikers. Not one striker and a bits ‘n pieces sort of striker. 

Get in.

174CBF1F-BFC6-45BA-80C9-D65C69CB4A2B.png

and ever present…B91C004E-94F3-48CF-A443-A5FC52BEC99D.thumb.png.67edcc9db50659bce6ee92943464d118.png

• Thanks 1

We once signed a CF who was our most expensive signing. Jordan Rhodes didn’t do what we hoped because the playing set-up didn’t take advantage. But he has anothertwo years to go on his Huddersfield contract and almost achieved promotion to Prem League. Does Darren know how to set up for a proper CF?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

Imagine winning the league and then 2 of your best players reject new contracts and drop back into League 1 to join the massive... 

It'll be even more gauling for Toutown if we pass them on the way back to the Championship Finger Crossed.lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Really?

We hammer Rhodes, but compare his contribution to Winnal’s.

1D41916E-B20C-4B54-B5BB-B2850892E508.png

42F5A20B-E433-4861-8153-FE8191B1705D.png

Winnall never got a chance when he arrived he was the top scorer in the league, he had 11 goals in 22 when he joined then 3 weeks later we signed Rhodes on loan on big money.

Hindsight a great thing but i would loved us to not have signed Rhodes given Winnall the chance, Rhodes got and it could have been different, at the very least we would have been £15m better off as a football club

• Like 2

We’ve been needing a smith type player for a while. A proper centre forward/target man. Suits the way we play with the balls we put into the box. I think centre forward is the hardest position to get right and I genuinely think we’ve bagged a good one

• Like 1

If Johnson & Hunt get pinned back defensively to younger legs down the flank, Smith gives us that option to go direct down the middle. Afew tidy nods on to Windass, Gregory and Vaulks and it makes us more versatile in attack.

• Like 1