Jump to content

Michael Smith - Perfect signing


Recommended Posts

Exactly what we need. An out and out CF.

 

Look at this….

 


 

He’s not a ‘forward’. He’s not a ‘winger who can play up front’. He’s a 100% unadulterated out and out CF. The perfect partner for Gregory.

 

Wonderful news.

 

Clearly means 352, but this year with two proper strikers. Not one striker and a bits ‘n pieces sort of striker. 
 

Get in.

174CBF1F-BFC6-45BA-80C9-D65C69CB4A2B.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Solid record really I can see a lot of vaulks throw ins resulting in smith headers … about time we were a set piece threat . Gregory is 34 soon so may not play every game and every minute . The 5 sub rule will be MASSIVE for us next season 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to agree this feels like a really solid signing. I suspect it will only bring out the best of gregory who isn't a target man and plays well as the 2nd striker. Chuck in windass and we may be strong g

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Think he will be a very good signing but up until last season he hasn’t really scored for fun. Hopefully he will continue last seasons form with us this season. 


Agreed. He will be worth the money if he scores another 15-20 goals but if he’s just doing the work horse bit there are other physical workers who won’t be on such big wages. 
 

I do like him as a player though and have done since he was at Swindon. He has a bit of pace and can be a real handful in that way Kieffer Moore is. It’s also another huge head turning signing along with Vaulks and puts a big marker down. 
 

As an aside, just as when we nicked Winnall it’s always funny to remind the neighbors who the boss is just as they were enjoying some success 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Undecided if this is a great move or not.

 

Something very similar to the Sam Winnall transfer about this that just doesn’t sit well.

 

Hope to be proved wrong and happy with the Ihiekwe signing 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Exactly what we need. An out and out CF.

 

Look at this….

 


 

He’s not a ‘forward’. He’s not a ‘winger who can play up front’. He’s a 100% unadulterated out and out CF. The perfect partner for Gregory.

 

Wonderful news.

 

Clearly means 352, but this year with two proper strikers. Not one striker and a bits ‘n pieces sort of striker. 
 

Get in.

174CBF1F-BFC6-45BA-80C9-D65C69CB4A2B.png

Have we signed him/them? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mac_77 said:

Undecided if this is a great move or not.

 

Something very similar to the Sam Winnall transfer about this that just doesn’t sit well.

 

Hope to be proved wrong and happy with the Ihiekwe signing 

 

Think it's more about the sort of player Smith is. Very physical. In fact I'd say he's horrible and ugly to play against. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good signing. Physical, scores goals, works hard. Don't see how Windass fits into the jigsaw. Assuming we do play 3,5,2 for the majority of the season then Windass is more of a number 10 or winger. Also Wilks is not a wingback or a second striker (assuming the rumours are true regarding Wilks).  Nevertheless Darren Moore has once again on paper recruited well and thus far with zero transfer fees 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he signs then yes, a great signing.

 

Averages 17 goal involvements a year at L1 level, 12 in the Championship so is useful at that level as well. 6ft 2. Won the 6th most headers last year in L1 out of the forwards. Had the most headed goals. The joint most assists. The second most key passes. The second most shots on target with 34% of those going in.

 

If he joins then it feels like just what we need.

 

Cue Kim Olsen mk II.

 

:ghoulguy:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

Think it's more about the sort of player Smith is. Very physical. In fact I'd say he's horrible and ugly to play against. 

Hope so. Certainly needed in this league.

 

Certainly worth a punt for no fee and what are sensible (for us) wages.

 

Maybe just learning not to get too excited or expect too much from these statement signings as I can’t remember many working out as expected 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This double signing is like being sat on your doorstep watching your cheating wife leave with another guy only for her fitter younger sister to turn up with her suitcase to move in 

 

thanks love now f£&k off

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

Undecided if this is a great move or not.

 

Something very similar to the Sam Winnall transfer about this that just doesn’t sit well.

 

Hope to be proved wrong and happy with the Ihiekwe signing 

On a free though, not even £500k to pay

 

And Smith adds something totally different, physically and in the air, 

 

Winnall didn’t really add anything when we had 4+ better strikers 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

On a free though, not even £500k to pay

 

And Smith adds something totally different, physically and in the air, 

 

Winnall didn’t really add anything when we had 4+ better strikers 

Winnall was a cheap version of Rhodes in hindsight had Carlos given him the chance he could have saved us the £15m we wasted on Rhodes, (wages and transfer fee and loan fee)

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...