Shaping up nicely

On 22/06/2022 at 18:26, fpowl said:

So today’s big disappointment for me is losing luongo soften nicely by the strong rumours of the Rotherham boys jumping ship to us 🤣🤣🤣

anyway alone our starting 11 is looking like an automatic promotion team 

We still have a fair bit of business to go to make it a solid squad abs I still think we need another CB or two another striker and two wide players

given what we’ve already brought in and applying last seasons tactics our line up could look like this 

with a bench of 

Dawson 

Brennan 

palmer 

adreinan 

Dele bashiru 

patterson

windass 

I don’t think that’s bad considering players are still under contract until end of June 

thoughts? 
we lack pace up top in this squad 

87F5A32E-C9FA-4A09-AC81-1C9ABE6ECBD8.jpeg

Let's add Cadamateri on the bench for friendlies and Cup games, give him experience 

2 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Johnson was pushing for player of the season second half of last season when he was moved to a regular position of wing back

Personally I think he's more than good enough

Johnson is one of our best players, proper footballer

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Let's add Cadamateri on the bench for friendlies and Cup games, give him experience 

Stop it with this, the lads still young. A few games in a small under 23s squad doesn’t make him anywhere near first team football he needs developing 

listen to him and his coaches speak nobody is talking about first team football 

he might train with the first team in preseason he might even get a few minutes or on the bench just so he’s in the changing room 

but the lad isn’t ready for senior competitive football  he’s a prospect don’t rush him 

it’s about him establishing himself as a under 23 regular this season then if the club thinks he’s ready and can handle senior football he’ll be loaned out next year 

talk of him playing in the team this year is pure fantasy driven by blind hope we have a young one people want to see in the first team. Despite him not being ready 

It does look promising but I’m not getting carried away 

I thought we’d romp it last year with the squad we had, similar story back in 2010 when we signed Mellor, Morrison, Teale, Sedgwick etc 

Half of the division will fancy their chances of automatic. I’m just hoping Moore can sort out our poor away form then we’ve got a real chance