Shaping up nicely

So today’s big disappointment for me is losing luongo soften nicely by the strong rumours of the Rotherham boys jumping ship to us 🤣🤣🤣

anyway alone our starting 11 is looking like an automatic promotion team 

We still have a fair bit of business to go to make it a solid squad abs I still think we need another CB or two another striker and two wide players

given what we’ve already brought in and applying last seasons tactics our line up could look like this 

with a bench of 

Dawson 

Brennan 

palmer 

adreinan 

Dele bashiru 

patterson

windass 

I don’t think that’s bad considering players are still under contract until end of June 

thoughts? 
we lack pace up top in this squad 

87F5A32E-C9FA-4A09-AC81-1C9ABE6ECBD8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

So today’s big disappointment for me is losing luongo soften nicely by the strong rumours of the Rotherham boys jumping ship to us 🤣🤣🤣

anyway alone our starting 11 is looking like an automatic promotion team 

We still have a fair bit of business to go to make it a solid squad abs I still think we need another CB or two another striker and two wide players

given what we’ve already brought in and applying last seasons tactics our line up could look like this 

with a bench of 

Dawson 

Brennan 

palmer 

adreinan 

Dele bashiru 

patterson

windass 

I don’t think that’s bad considering players are still under contract until end of June 

thoughts? 
we lack pace up top in this squad 

87F5A32E-C9FA-4A09-AC81-1C9ABE6ECBD8.jpeg

Yep that’s a very strong league 1 team.

We’ve done really well not to spend money on transfer fees yet, but I would get really excited if we could bring in Wilks or other younger players who have the potential to be great at S6.  Hopefully we aren’t just targeting an experienced team but also promising young players too 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think we’re going to see another 4/5 players minimum arrive 

GK possibly 

CB x 2

CM x1

Winger/Wide forwards x 2 wilks being one of them 

think we will sign 3-4 more

1 cb (maybe 2)

wing back

forward player 

if Moore wants to revert to wide players in a formation to change it up we currently have windass and Johnson who can play out wide . Hopefully sign another for that option such as wilks . Also got sow as another option. 

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

GK possibly 

CB x 2

CM x1

It depends, if we are sticking with 352 we may need more centre forwards.  Hopefully young strikers like Hirst, Tshimanga or Stevens are potential targets 

• Like 1

That left side worries me Johnson is not a wing back he is an attacking winger, i would rather have defender first attacker second.

Get in Luke Garbutt and we are looking a lot stronger on the left, we need better than Henegan at the back for me he is a squad player at best and should not be starting a lot of gamed. Maybe he will prove me wrong but he is a row Z centre back not a play out from the back centre back.

13 hours ago, fpowl said:

GK possibly 

CB x 2

CM x1

Ive go with that and i think they will add a bit of pace but I was looking last season formation till october till the injuires we played 4 at the back a lot the time so I wounder if we go back to that so the 2 cb would make a lot senes 

If Windsass is fit, he is the starter and Gregory the rotational player/impact sub from the bench, and Patterson the striker we bring on to defend from the front.

Losing Luongo is a huge blow, I wish they would try and keep him, but if he is set on leaving we move on, HMS PTL is still ready to sail!

The five sub rule is going to be game changing. The ability to swap half of your outfield players each game is going to really help team with bigger squads and quality on the bench.  We are going to see a lot more teams swapping a couple or even three players at half time IMO, us included.

I can easily see Smith as the main starting striker with Gregory/ Windass rotating as the starter/ sub. Total nightmare for opposing teams having Smith and Gregory on for 45 mins and then Windass coming on for the second half. Same on the flanks where you might easily have a first half/ second half wingback so no one has to hold back any energy for later in the game. It’s going to be very exciting IMO. 

For me I think a couple of young fast players and a couple more defenders and we are ready for the season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I don't think we've finished yet

I can see us bringing another 4 players in

Hope so,  we need as a minimum  another CB, wingback and ST.  

Sounds like the centre back may be Raul Silva from Braga and the striker may be Wilks, who I can see Moore using as a striker rather than a winger.  

I wouldn’t be against us trying to get Hirst back here on loan to boost the forward options and let Sow move on.  

Would be nice to still be in hunt for Camara (CM) at Plymouth too but maybe Vaulks was signed instead.  

• Like 2

On 22/06/2022 at 19:58, fpowl said:

GK possibly 

CB x 2

CM x1

Hopefully as the squad atm isn’t strong enough for promotion 

On 22/06/2022 at 20:13, room0035 said:

That left side worries me Johnson is not a wing back he is an attacking winger, i would rather have defender first attacker second.

Get in Luke Garbutt and we are looking a lot stronger on the left, we need better than Henegan at the back for me he is a squad player at best and should not be starting a lot of gamed. Maybe he will prove me wrong but he is a row Z centre back not a play out from the back centre back.

Johnson was pushing for player of the season second half of last season when he was moved to a regular position of wing back

Personally I think he's more than good enough

• Like 1