Rotherham lads

37 minutes ago, victorturner said:

I see that, but it’s not exactly creative or a brilliant initiative to look at a little club down the road who have achieved promotion and thinking I will have their key players to do the same for me.
We did the same a year ago with Wing.

These two Rotherham might be brilliant for us and I hope so. But…..

DM is not exactly using his “ contacts with big clubs in the game” when he possibly antagonises managers , like Warne,  at this level by coaxing their players to accept our bigger money which we can afford where chronic mismanagement has put us in League 1 and at our size we ought to be competing for players more widely.

Stockdale is in the same category..Wycombe got to the play offs let’s have their keeper.  
Just my opinion. Uncomfortable about this approach. 

I want promotion badly and hope for it desperately and am still seething at our blundering vs Sunderland . Hutchinson was not the only to blame. We messed up. 

Signing loan players from big clubs or DM using his contacts doesn't always work out either take the young lad from Arsenal we had on loan last season. I would much rather we sign players like the Rotherham guys who have been there and done it and are far less of a risk especially with no transfer fees involved

17 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Has been a cracking read going through Rovrum’s Twitter handle to see the fans reactions!

Facebook as been fun too. 🤣

Some were denying that they were coming to us right up to last minute..... they had agreed new contracts with them, no way would they drop a league, they were both signing for Hull City. lol

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Some were denying that they were coming to us right up to last minute..... they had agreed new contracts with them, no way would they drop a league, they were both signing for Hull City. lol

I guess agreeing and signing are two very different things. Oh well!

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

They have gone to being delighted they are staying, roll on 24 hours, to saying both are horrendous in Championship and not worth it.. who said fans were fickle? lol

• Haha 1

I'm not on Twitter

So if anyone would like to post snippets 

With an explanation of who is saying what because I haven't got a clue, it all seems a bit cryptic

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

11 hours ago, fpowl said:

Im born and raised in Rotherham this is going down like a s£&t sandwich here 🤣🤣🤣 I’ll be honest it’s beautiful 

Isn't that haute cuisine to their fans?

10 hours ago, Brommers said:

They all travel by taxi.

I work in the town centre and genuinely saw a couple of scrubbers who had just bought a 70" TV waiting in the taxi rank. Not quite sure how they thought they'd fit it in. 

image.png.bfbf22cc17756c15e4615e3dcc736243.png

• Haha 1

Rotherham is so bad that people who went there from Chernobyl were begging to leave.

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Rotherham is so bad that people who went there from Chernobyl were begging to leave.

Yep. Even the Chuckle Brothers have pi55ed off as well, and to think one of them was at my Brother's Wedding 10 years ago.lol

12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Are you sure they bought it, and not "borrowed" it from Curry's ? 

It'll be in Cashconverters by the end of the month if they can get that big taxi again. 

• Haha 1

Hectic day at work and completely forgot about this double signing - doesn't half put a smile on your face to see what appears to be a very shrewd start to the transfer window and the bitterness and tears of our neighbours that comes with it, warms the soul. 😁

• Like 2