Rotherham lads

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Would it be terribly mischievous of me to post this and the Smith one on Millersmad using my account on there.? 

It would be unacceptable if you didn’t 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

Remains to be seen. But I think he will hopefully try and do that. If we went down that route alone I don’t think we’d address the frailties that cost us last season. I suspect he’s under a lot of pressure too whereas at say Donny he had all the time he wanted but very little money.

Its really important that we build on this experienced spine with some younger legs our wide. If Wilks came in he’d be quite young still 

I see that, but it’s not exactly creative or a brilliant initiative to look at a little club down the road who have achieved promotion and thinking I will have their key players to do the same for me.
We did the same a year ago with Wing.

These two Rotherham might be brilliant for us and I hope so. But…..

DM is not exactly using his “ contacts with big clubs in the game” when he possibly antagonises managers , like Warne,  at this level by coaxing their players to accept our bigger money which we can afford where chronic mismanagement has put us in League 1 and at our size we ought to be competing for players more widely.

Stockdale is in the same category..Wycombe got to the play offs let’s have their keeper.  
Just my opinion. Uncomfortable about this approach. 

I want promotion badly and hope for it desperately and am still seething at our blundering vs Sunderland . Hutchinson was not the only to blame. We messed up. 

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

I see that, but it’s not exactly creative or a brilliant initiative to look at a little club down the road who have achieved promotion and thinking I will have their key players to do the same for me.

DM is not exactly using his “ contacts with big clubs in the game” when he possibly antagonises managers , like Warne,  at this level by coaxing their players to accept our bigger money which we can afford where chronic mismanagement has put us in League 1 and at our size we ought to be competing for players more widely.

Stockdale is in the same category..Wycombe got to the play offs let’s have their keeper.  

I want promotion badly and hope for it desperately and am still seething at our blundering vs Sunderland . Hutchinson was not the only to blame. We messed up. 

Dunt bother me, couldnt care less if we signed the best 3 players each club in last seasons top 6 had, as long as we steam the divison and enjoy the ride.

Do it to others before they do it to you, because given the chance thats exactly what theyd do

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, victorturner said:

I get your point and i agree its a bit of a blunt instrument - just signing players older players who have done it before. I am a bit worried its like pretending we have a cheat code for promotion. Boyd and Dave Jones come to mind.

But if Moore thinks that these players fit in, are available at the right wages and they improve the squad then its a fair enough approach. 

I hope we sign some younger players now to balance this out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Dunt bother me, couldnt care less if we signed the best 3 players each club in last seasons top 6 had, as long as we steam the divison and enjoy the ride.

Do it to others before they do it to you, because given the chance thats exactly what theyd do

We can certainly play the hard man occasionally.
You don’t need much of a manager to input on recruitment if that becomes the policy. I recall Dave Allen telling Turner to bring in the best goal scorer in this league for us, so I know it happens . We got Lee Peacock.  
Steve MacLean was recruited on a similar basis, but I thought DM would be using these big club friends and contacts he has. Dean from Brum. Storey from PNE and B P-F from Burnley were examples last season.
Just surprised.
Two from fellow teams from competitors at top of our league last season .RU and one from WW. Even Vaulks is originally from RU.

6 hours ago, Prince said:

Some nice areas in Rotherham, I have heard some areas have even got inside toilets now 😄 

Walked round the town centre once waiting for a friend and it was like that land that time forgot. Loads of women with more kids than teeth and beggars galore asking for a few quid to get home on the bus.  

They all travel by taxi.

I work in the town centre and genuinely saw a couple of scrubbers who had just bought a 70" TV waiting in the taxi rank. Not quite sure how they thought they'd fit it in. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, victorturner said:

I don’t disagree but the stats back these players up, goals/clean sheets/out of contract. Henegan has been signed based on his stats too to address the weakness we have at defending set plays. It would be different if we had paid money for each of them but my concern about these two and Vaulks as opposed to stockdale and henegan is the wages rumoured as it was a budget that got us points deducted even if we could ultimately afford to write it off. They won’t be what they were in 2017 but still has potential for big losses. If smith plays like he did last season he will be worth it if we go up and he would still do a team role in the championship. If he does more a grafting role there are cheaper players who can do that, but he’s got to be on a high now. 

With Wing it just didn’t work out, he didn’t really do his bit and he hasn’t even been first choice at Wycombe. The dynamic wasn’t right in midfield. It didn’t work out for Winnall either but I don’t think he got a fair crack then got a really bad injury.

I think that criticism also misses some of the signings last season like Adeniran, Gibson, Shodipo, John Jules many of whom we didn’t get to see. I think those loans will generally move later in the window whereas free transfers are desperately wanting to get sorted now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brommers said:

They all travel by taxi.

I work in the town centre and genuinely saw a couple of scrubbers who had just bought a 70" TV waiting in the taxi rank. Not quite sure how they thought they'd fit it in. 

Are you sure they bought it, and not "borrowed" it from Curry's ? 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Why the fk would you have an account on their forum are you a closet Miller..

Joined earlier today after the news broke, just in case I wanted to throw a grenade in and watch the meltdown. 

:tango:

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Signing loan players from big clubs or DM using his contacts doesn't always work out either take the young lad from Arsenal we had on loan last season. I would much rather we sign players like the Rotherham guys who have been there and done it and are far less of a risk especially with no transfer fees involved