Mendez-Laing

I was quite happy when we signed him 

A player I'd actually heard of ,had play majority of his career in the upper leagues 

Thought he'd smash league 1

But wasn't ment to be 

That's down to him and Moore imo 

Anyway we move on 

If anything, he should be a bit more respectful, as we've given him a chance to rebuild his career when nobody else would! It's worked out for him, and he'll probably do well elsewhere.

But, he's a mercenary, and very much replaceable....the club deserves credit for not bowing down and paying what 'he thinks' he's worth! We are learning.

I find the mentality of the likes of Henaghan refreshing, a little giddy and in awe of playing for a club this size and admitting he's willing to get 'stitches' playing for us....can't imagine the likes of NML has ever said that! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

6 is quite sad! 

Other things that I would equate with that same rating:

Finding out a third of your radishes had been eaten by mice. 

Spilling gravy on your second best pair of shoes. 

Watching Wednesday draw to Gillingham. 

6 hours ago, Manwë said:

Jeez,

Some people like to confuse the fizz out of everything.

Wildsmith was never going to be number #1, ever.  Not with Peacock-Farrell, not with Westwood, and not now with Stockdale.   If he was close to their quality and genuinely pushing for places, then of course it should be reflected.  But the chances of him overtaking either in terms of quality is 0. Basically, he would play if either got injured and we were desperate, that's it.   

Luongo wasn't available for half the season.  What's the point in such a player?  He's worse than Wildsmith.  At least Wildsmith was available should one of the much better keepers get injured.  Luongo wasn't available to play, he was sat on a table going "Oooh guv, that smarts, by the way, when's pay day?".  But the reply is always "Ahh, but when he did play, we got an extra 0.24272ppg on a 1.52% uptake in completed passes from right to left".  Yes, when he did play things improved, but he didn't play enough times to make a difference to the season, which was and is, a failure.  The "it's a difficult league to get out of brigade" can't stand looking a few miles east of Sheffield to see how ******** easy it is to get out of the league.  We just like to make it hard for ourselves by wasting months waiting for this player or that player to come back.

As for Mendez Laing; some good games, some utter poo games and the more the season went on, the bottom he got.  What's the point in keeping him?  To play him 10 times and hope for 2 good performances, and just accept we've dropped points in the other 8 games?

We need a starting XI that can win games, and we need a squad of players that can replace that XI at the drop of a hat without much loss in quality, or change things about to win us games.  Anything else, I'm just not interested in.  As I say, it's not a charity for the well off, it's a professional business and those not giving a return should clear the fizz away from the club.

Remind me how many seasons it took our neighbours across the city to so easily get out of this league.

i didnt mind lang and neither did moore seen as he offered him a new deal but the blokes priced himself higher than what we think he's worth so good luck to the lad if he can get himself a better deal than we were prepared to pay him .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nick the Owl said:

Nice of him to post a classy goodbye, could easily not have.

Screenshot_20220622-210959_Instagram.jpg

Who cares, leave him to it, been here 5 mins and will be forgotten just as quick.

Hope he finds somewhere to play

15 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Who cares, leave him to it, been here 5 mins and will be forgotten just as quick.

Some do care, me included. Just nice to see. 

You're  quite right though of course, he will be quickly forgotten  as we move on.

• Like 2

I’ve sat and had a good long think about NMLs time here. He signed as a free agent, took a bit of time to get fit, played really well for a good few games, got injured and then wasn’t quite the same when he returned. He then been offers a new deal but hasn’t taken it, presumably because he thinks he can get more money elsewhere. Given this is probably his last ever deal I don’t blame him for wanting to max out on his cash.

I’d rather he stayed than left but can’t summon up more than a 2.5 (out of 10) on the sadometer about it. about the equivalent of finding something in the fridge that you’ve let go past it’s use by date but might have quite fancied eating.

Edited by CircleSeven

Guest mrbluesky
18 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Not everything has to be black or white. He wasn’t amazing and he wasn’t terrible either. A decent but replaceable player. Good luck to him 

This, only worrying thing is Moore wanted him, I saw nothing to convince me to keep him, good luck to him.

7 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Some do care, me included. Just nice to see. 

You're  quite right though of course, he will be quickly forgotten  as we move on.

I honestly wouldn't let it bother you. Far more important stuff going on in the world.

29 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

No he won't. 

All of the posters on here saying they don't care will be making new threads every time he does something wrong for the next 2-3 years, just like all the others who left that they didn't care about.

42 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’ve sat and had a good long think about NMLs time here. He signed as a free agent, took a bit of time to get fit, played really well for a good few games, got injured and then wasn’t quite the same when he returned. He then been offers a new deal but hasn’t taken it, presumably because he thinks he can get more money elsewhere. Given this is probably his last ever deal I don’t blame him for wanting to max out on his cash.

I’d rather he stayed than left but can’t summon up more than a 2.5 (out of 10) on the sadometer about it. about the equivalent of finding something in the fridge that you’ve let go past it’s use by date but might have quite fancied eating.

That about covers it for me too.

19 hours ago, TbagMcgraw said:

If anything, he should be a bit more respectful, as we've given him a chance to rebuild his career when nobody else would! It's worked out for him, and he'll probably do well elsewhere.

But, he's a mercenary, and very much replaceable....the club deserves credit for not bowing down and paying what 'he thinks' he's worth! We are learning.

I find the mentality of the likes of Henaghan refreshing, a little giddy and in awe of playing for a club this size and admitting he's willing to get 'stitches' playing for us....can't imagine the likes of NML has ever said that! 

What did he think he was worth? 

11 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Eh? Just enjoy the sentiment is all, don't care if he's been here 5 mins or 5 years..I appreciate the gesture, he earns a little bit more respect from me for showing a little bit of respect to us. 

Bit of a weird thing to get funny about. 

• Like 1