Will Vaulks' first interview after joining the Owls

Signed for EXACTLY the reasons I suggested in another thread yet people said he lacks ambition if he drops down a level. Couldn't disagree more. Completely understand his reasoning and delighted to have him as part of the team. Seems to be a good bloke.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Signed for EXACTLY the reasons I suggested in another thread yet people said he lacks ambition if he drops down a level. Couldn't disagree more. Completely understand his reasoning and delighted to have him as part of the team. Seems to be a good bloke.

Fully agree, why wouldn’t you want to join a club with high ambitions and to play in a huge stadium in front of large crowds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Please lock the thread

Perfect !! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

I'll be surprised if he's not signed because we offered most money tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swfcGibbo said:

This.

The way I see it, it's just like the Apollo mission where they have to slingshot around the moon to get back to Earth.  At first it seems counter-intuitive as appears to be going in the wrong direction, but it really makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

On the whole, Darren Moore did well with signings last pre-season. 

Hopefully he does well again. This lad seems to score some great goals from midfield. Other than that I don't know much about him so won't declare him a worldbeater or a crock.

Welcome to S6 Will Vaulks.

1 hour ago, PTLiam said:

I'll be surprised if he's not signed because we offered most money tbh. 

Thing is he would have been paid a shed load of money by most people's standards wherever he went, and if he left it later he'd probably get even more. 

He will be getting well paid by us but if that was his only motivation I think he would have gone elsewhere. 

It has been suggested in other threads, but I am always reminded of a Paul Sturrock quote "One day, some one is going to come here and make them selves into a legend"

The fact is we are a good prospect for players at this level now, and players wanting to push on, which is NOT something that has been able to be said about Wednesday for a LONG time.  But player comes here, does well, if the club does well, player moves up a level, if the club doesnt do well, player has shown they can handle the big crowd, the pressure the expectation and perform, they will get where they want to be on the back of that.

While ever its players with the attitude of "I want to progress" rather than "This will be a nice retirement fund" We are going in the right direction!  WE now sign players who want to progress upwards, not players on their way down who want one last Gunfight.

I am a DM Fan these days, I will admit, but I credit him entirely with that subtle change in how our recruitment is done.

Edited by leftpeg
  • Like 2