Our Stadium

With the pitch requiring some serious work following the damage caused by the under-pitch heating fiasco and nearly 50% of the floodlight units no longer functioning - has anyone any information if work is taking place during the close season?

16 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

With the pitch requiring some serious work following the damage caused by the under-pitch heating fiasco and nearly 50% of the floodlight units no longer functioning - has anyone any information if work is taking place during the close season?

Do try to keep up😀

Try reading Owlstalk, they will keep you up-to-date on everything Wednesday.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Do try to keep up😀

As long as you ignore anything Neil posts, otherwise you'd be believing the new kits been announced lol

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

Undersoil heating wasn't the problem causing the pitch damage 

The new LED floodlights are being fitted as we speak 

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Undersoil heating wasn't the problem causing the pitch damage 

The new LED floodlights are being fitted as we speak 

Be interesting to see if DC has gone for the all singing and dancing flashing light show floodlights.

1 hour ago, Swfcsi said:

New pitch and new flood lights are being done in know and the same at the training ground..

They're being done and you're in the know, or they're being done in? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Apparently we've moved from Brammall Lane to a new stadium on the outskirts of Owlerton in a new suburb called Hillsborough.

I've heard it's actually nearer to Owlerton.

That's given me a great new idea for a nickname for us too. I never did like being called The Blades.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I've heard it's actually nearer to Owlerton.

That's given me a great new idea for a nickname for us too. I never did like being called The Blades.

They are also saying we are changing our name from the Blades to the Owls after 'Owl 'ertonWTF:

23 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Do try to keep up😀

Well I don’t spend that much time on Owlstalk. But looked through a couple of times and couldn’t find a word about it. Hence my topic. Is there a detailed thread somewhere?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

Well I don’t spend that much time on Owlstalk. But looked through a couple of times and couldn’t find a word about it. Hence my topic. Is there a detailed thread somewhere?

Try the search function.

55 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Try the search function.

Done that before starting a post. Search brings nothing up to date about what is actually happening other than earlier discussion about what might happen. But clearly of no interest to others. Let’s get good players in and play on a crap pitch and squint at night matches to try and see what’s happening. It’s the Wednesday way.