Will Vaulks Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday F.C.

Good lad. Amazed we got this lad in.

Not sure why Cardiff are even letting him go for a start? He was a regular last year so that's baffling enough.

Then to find we've beaten off some Champ clubs for his signature. DM deserves a lot of credit, as does Vaulks who must really fancy this challenge. Credit to DC also.

Welcome aboard Will! Could be a top midfielder in this division. We don't badly need Luongo now either, as Vaulks is the more reliable in terms of games.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Superb news this. For any players still considering coming this is a statement and might even have sway. Who knows. 

It might also encourage players who are thinking of going elsewhere to stick around (mentioning no names!)

Had a look on Cardiff's forum for views. Not much strangely but comments were complimentary of him. But one comment from the admin there caught my eye:

"A number of clubs had previously expressed interest in Will Vaulks, including former side Rotherham United, QPR, Stoke City and Huddersfield Town, but it's the Owls who have won the race for his signature."

Very impressed if we beat off those teams for him, in a division below. Well done everyone involved in this deal,especially the player and gaffer.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, simple84 said:

“But but but…

Moore doesn’t know what he’s doing. Paxo…”

This signing should shut up a few of the flouncers on here.

An organised and effective recruitment strategy,  following a clear upturn in team morale and spirit in the latter half of the season. Credit to the manager.

Looking forward to next season.

This.

We have a proven and highly organised and effective recruitment team.  It's undeniable.  

While there's been a few lemons, the vast majority of signings have been utterly brilliant.  Bear in mind when Chansiri took over, we were 9th place and going no-where fast.  When he got his men in place, his team, his experience to the front line  we finished in 4th place last season.  Real measurable progress right there.

14 hours ago, BigTavowl said:

Makes a statement from Chansiri splashing the cash or Darren Moore as a manager. 

Either way it’s a good solid signing early in pre-season.

Im my opinion its no accident we have been much better at all this for the last two years - since Moore came in. Not to say Chansiri doesn't deserve a bit of credit for getting out of his way and backing him. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Now how have we pulled that one off? Quality signing, can't complain really. 

I'd assume the Lad lives local, Rotherham will want to strengthen and he himself may not want another season fighting relagation with them. 

I know I'd rather come here and push for promotion knowing we're a much better option looking forward if we do go back up this season and hopefully then  with a few good signings overtake Rotherham. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'd assume the Lad lives local, Rotherham will want to strengthen and he himself may not want another season fighting relagation with them. 

I know I'd rather come here and push for promotion knowing we're a much better option looking forward if we do go back up this season and hopefully then  with a few good signings overtake Rotherham. 

I know this will be an unpopular opinion on here, but still:

Can't help myself but to think that in Barlaser, Wiles and Rathbone Rotherham have 3 starting midfielders that are all better, younger and paid less than We are paying Vaulkes. Not sure they would want him back, at least not on terms that We supposedly gave him.

Vaulks is a quality player, though. Very hard working and strong in tackle with good passing skill and he can be deadly with his long range shooting. His lack of pace is a worry.