Pizza Cup Group H

1 hour ago, vulva said:

How can they force teams to take part? Why can’t we just withdraw from the competition. 

Licensing issues. Papa John's sponsor the competition, and if the big clubs started withdrawing, like us and Derby, it would hugely devalue their sponsorship.

Also, a day out at Wembley would always be fun.

Well done Bradford 👏👏👏

Bradford City have set a new League Two record for most season tickets sold by a club in the fourth tier ahead of 2022/23.

Incredibly, since season tickets went on sale in mid-April, the early-bird period saw prices frozen from the campaign just gone at adult prices of £198.

The current figure of 14,036 has beaten the Bantams’ previous League Two season-ticket sales record of 13,614, set ahead of the 2019-20 season.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Well done Bradford 👏👏👏

Bradford City have set a new League Two record for most season tickets sold by a club in the fourth tier ahead of 2022/23.

Incredibly, since season tickets went on sale in mid-April, the early-bird period saw prices frozen from the campaign just gone at adult prices of £198.

The current figure of 14,036 has beaten the Bantams’ previous League Two season-ticket sales record of 13,614, set ahead of the 2019-20 season.

Good for them. And 90% of them still won't bother attending the Papa John Trophy games

I know everyone dismisses this competition but for that very reason I think its great, we can play a few players around the fringes of the starting 11 to keep them match fit and some youngsters can play in a competative game, see what they can do, would be a great test for Cademarteri..

• Like 4

23 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Looking forward to the loss against Leeds U21's lol 

I don’t think Leeds are in it. There’s 16 groups of 4, 48 league clubs and 16 under 21s. A few seasons ago it seemed a bit random which PL clubs and I think there were championship ones too, something to do with the categories.

i think last season it was the top 16 PL clubs got to enter from the year before, so none of the relegated sides, newly promoted or the team who finished 17th. So that’s Leeds out of it

3 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I don’t think Leeds are in it. There’s 16 groups of 4, 48 league clubs and 16 under 21s. A few seasons ago it seemed a bit random which PL clubs and I think there were championship ones too, something to do with the categories.

i think last season it was the top 16 PL clubs got to enter from the year before, so none of the relegated sides, newly promoted or the team who finished 17th. So that’s Leeds out of it

They are - the 8 northern teams are :

Everton U21

Leeds United U21

Leicester City U21

Liverpool U21

Manchester City U21

Manchester United U21

Newcastle United U21

Wolverhampton Wanderers U21

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They are - the 8 northern teams are :

Everton U21

Leeds United U21

Leicester City U21

Liverpool U21

Manchester City U21

Manchester United U21

Newcastle United U21

Wolverhampton Wanderers U21

Who’s the southern teams.. presumably someone hasn’t entered a team. Maybe Brentford as they don’t have an academy do they 

3 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Who’s the southern teams.. presumably someone hasn’t entered a team. Maybe Brentford as they don’t have an academy do they 

Arsenal U21

Aston Villa U21

Brighton & Hove Albion U21

Chelsea U21

Crystal Palace U21

Southampton U21

Tottenham Hotspur U21

West Ham United U21

Brentford and the 3 newly promoted teams are the missing 4

3 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

I know everyone dismisses this competition but for that very reason I think its great, we can play a few players around the fringes of the starting 11 to keep them match fit and some youngsters can play in a competative game, see what they can do, would be a great test for Cademarteri..

Agree completely.

Everyone says the jump from u23 to first team football is massive - this competition is the perfect stepping stone. Its competitive, played in front of actual crowds, with the carrot of a Wembley final at the end. 

Play your fringe players, your u23s, your best academy products, your first teamers returning from injury… what’s the prob?!

• Like 2