Ipswich Away August 1990

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Yep I was there as a 17 year old with my 14 year old sister. We were standing behind the goal and it was well over sold. 
remember Wednesday fans sat round the edge until they sorted a place in the stands for our fans. That season as a whole was magical. But that first match set the tone for a memorable journey.
funny as I was looking at a video today of Wednesday iconic last minute goals and we scored 2 in the last minute away at West Brom. (Francis and shirtcliffe). It was that yellow away kit that stood out and reminded me of the season. Was at West Brom for that match also. Please give me a time machine. I want to go back to that year 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thought I wasn't going to make it out alive, I got crushed on a barrier and couldn't breathe, it must have only been for 20 secs or so but remember feeling faint and light headed.  Somehow managed to get in front of it and was fine after a while. 

Apart from that it was one of those days when you just knew we were watching a special team.

I was at Ipswich behind the goal. It certainly felt and looked to be overcrowded. In the first half Wednesday were superb and should have been more than 2-0 up.

As for the hottest at a match? Like others have said, Swindon is probably the hottest I’ve known a game.

I seem to recall the 1983 Semi final being very hot despite it being in April. Middlesbrough at home at the start of the 82/83 season was a scorcher as well.

Stood in the middle section of the terrace that day and for a few seconds was really frightened on what was happening.Thankfully it eased off and we able to move about more freely. Overall, brilliant performance from the lads and it was more or less a benchmark on how our season would progress.

The 90/91 season is the best I’ve known watching Wednesday, but if we are really honest, that team should have won the title that season. Okay the league cup win more than made up for that though.

Too many draws at home cost us the title.

• Like 1

Crushed on the end behind the goal, Wednesdayites on the opposite end in numbers.

Funniest bit was some porky Ipswich fan on the front row of the stand to our right giving it the Billy big gonads, until a few Wednesdayites appeared around him, plod took him out, probably for his own safety.

Hope this season pans out like that one