Remember Jaden Brown? Where Does He fit in this team?

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Which is a fair enough comment to make, and doesn't contain any of the p*ss-taking that I was talking about.

As I said earlier, I wonder if we might see him get another chance on the left of a 4-2-3-1 at any point next season?

Yep could give him a go either side of the striker In that system. See how he fair’s; his attitude is good and his pace could be a threat.

I actually hope we do change to that system but Gregory was really isolated as a lone striker when we played one up top last season. If we do change we need to find a way to get bodies around him better than we managed last year. 

6 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Yep could give him a go either side of the striker In that system. See how he fair’s; his attitude is good and his pace could be a threat.

I actually hope we do change to that system but Gregory was really isolated as a lone striker when we played one up top last season. If we do change we need to find a way to get bodies around him better than we managed last year. 

Dom Howson has suggested that Moore wants us to be able to switch between a 3-5-2 and a 4-2-3-1.

If that happens, then I can't imagine Gregory would be the '1' all too often; more likely he'd be used whenever we go with a front pairing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not a fan of the way that the very mention of Brown's name on here seems to now mean it's open season to make sh*tty, sarcastic comments about one of our players.

Fair enough, he's not set the world on fire for us so far, but he's not the first and he won't be the last in that regard, will he?

He's a young man who I'm sure has tried his best whenever he's pulled on a Wednesday shirt - he deserves a bit more respect than he's being shown around here in recent times.

I’m guessing you weren’t at the Hartlepool game.

5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I’m guessing you weren’t at the Hartlepool game.

I had the misfortune to watch it and Brown was indeed terrible in that game, but so were most of the team. It was a terrible performance all round. But as it says in the OPs video Brown was playing left sided CB that game. I’m not saying he will cut it here but he wasn’t as dire in every game he played. 

• Like 2

Strange one with Brown, many on here had a serious hard on for him after the first few games of the season, then he seemed to be the poster boy for our bad run between oct- dec

Need to give him another shot imo 

• Like 1

Still relatively young but he looked lost when he played. Maybe there's a player in there but I can't see him getting much game time unless he has upped his game. L2 loan for 6months and then see where he is in his development.

I can see why we might have gone for him, young player with potential but it doesn't look likely to be a winner.

27 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

If he did he'd most likely charge through the doors like a bull, smash into the counter, roll allover the floor with his hand in the air blaming the counter

That's him!!!! ...

That's him!!!!...

Another victim of the "modern day counter culture".......

lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

For me he should be loaned out next season. 

Agree with this. I remember him starting fairly brightly early season, but was replaced by better and played absolutely abysmally on his few times back. That to me indicates potential. Send him Grimsby so he's talked about on WTID allt time.

11 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not a fan of the way that the very mention of Brown's name on here seems to now mean it's open season to make sh*tty, sarcastic comments about one of our players.

Fair enough, he's not set the world on fire for us so far, but he's not the first and he won't be the last in that regard, will he?

He's a young man who I'm sure has tried his best whenever he's pulled on a Wednesday shirt - he deserves a bit more respect than he's being shown around here in recent times.

If he has tried his best then that’s ok then.

No wonder we’v been in the poo with attitudes like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

If he has tried his best then that’s ok then.

No wonder we’v been in the poo with attitudes like this.

Yes, suggesting that we avoid a pile-on of sh*tty, p*ss-taking comments every time one of our players is mentioned is clearly the root cause of all our issues as a club.

:duntmatter:

• Like 2