Remember Jaden Brown? Where Does He fit in this team?

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not a fan of the way that the very mention of Brown's name on here seems to now mean it's open season to make sh*tty, sarcastic comments about one of our players.

Fair enough, he's not set the world on fire for us so far, but he's not the first and he won't be the last in that regard, will he?

He's a young man who I'm sure has tried his best whenever he's pulled on a Wednesday shirt - he deserves a bit more respect than he's being shown around here in recent times.

First day on Owlstalk?

:duntmatter:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not a fan of the way that the very mention of Brown's name on here seems to now mean it's open season to make sh*tty, sarcastic comments about one of our players.

Fair enough, he's not set the world on fire for us so far, but he's not the first and he won't be the last in that regard, will he?

He's a young man who I'm sure has tried his best whenever he's pulled on a Wednesday shirt - he deserves a bit more respect than he's being shown around here in recent times.

100% agree mate I did the video as I though it be good discution with people about a player we all forgot about 

• Like 3

I've not seen much in him other than being able to run reasonably fast TBH.

Moore has had a long look at him, not transfer listed him (as far as we know), so may have developed from the naïve player he looked at the start of last season. 

Be interesting to see what he brings to the team if he gets another chance. Personally, I'd be surprised if he has any meaningful involvement in the first team though. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bobness said:

First day on Owlstalk?

:duntmatter:

No, I'm painfully aware that some on here like to tear down everyone else at any given opportunity.

It just feels like there's a bit of a pile on developing now when it comes to Brown, and the very mention of his name just results in a stream of bile directed his way which is totally disproportionate to his 'crime'.

He's not taken the p*ss out of our club, disrespected the badge, or screwed us over as so many before him have - he's just a young bloke who played reasonably well in a couple of games, then looked below par in a few more, before being reduced to a bit-part player.

It doesn't warrant the constant p*ss-taking on here.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Top post @areNOTwhatTHEYseem. Thanks for bringing a modicum of decency to proceedings 

• Like 4

I wonder if he might get some game time on the left flank if we use a 4-2-3-1 at times next season?

Moore spoke about him back in March:

“It’s just been the form that Marvin has shown really. He’s shown marvellous consistency and his game has been getting stronger and stronger.

“That’s not to say that Jaden can’t get into the team. We’ve seen Jaden play in further advanced positions and that’s how it’s been.

“We gave Jaden some minutes in the under-23s and it’s really important that he keeps his match minutes up because the way the fixtures have fallen it’s so quick fire."

If he does get another chance here, you'd think he's got to make the most of it, otherwise it could well be his last.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No, I'm painfully aware that some on here like to tear down everyone else at any given opportunity.

It just feels like there's a bit of a pile on developing now when it comes to Brown, and the very mention of his name just results in a stream of bile directed his way which is totally disproportionate to his 'crime'.

He's not taken the p*ss out of our club, disrespected the badge, or screwed us over as so many before him have - he's just a young bloke who played reasonably well in a couple of games, then looked below par in a few more, before being reduced to a bit-part player.

We need a scapegoat, stop being so unreasonable.

• Haha 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He doesn’t really fit the system though.

I think if we use him it has to be as a wide forward or winger. He’s a car crash defensively. 

2 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

He doesn’t really fit the system though.

I think if we use him it has to be as a wide forward or winger. He’s a car crash defensively. 

Which is a fair enough comment to make, and doesn't contain any of the p*ss-taking that I was talking about.

As I said earlier, I wonder if we might see him get another chance on the left of a 4-2-3-1 at any point next season?