Moore doesn’t seem to trust younger players

OP makes really valid point for me,  we have to start trusting young players at Hillsborugh to move on as a club 

It’s a concern, there’s absolutely a place to be signing likes of Stockdale when we only have Dawson at the club , Heneghan I think is a steady risk free signing in an area we’re really low on numbers in 

But I really want to see some young players added , not all that bothered about Michael Smith etc ,  happily take a chance on a Dom Telford as mentioned in another thread 

I think he does, but realises that they suffer a little from the weight of expectation at our club. 

We did ok with the 'old fogies' last season (once we kept them fit).

I think we do need to inject some youth into the side. I'd prefer permanent deals, but suspect Moore will hedge our bets with loan signings, so as to not be lumbered with them if they fail...like Brown, Sow for example. 

As I've said a few times, let's review once our business is done to see what the squad looks like. 

• Like 2

Ideally you want a blend of youth and experience, but Moore seems to have gone more for the older player.

That said, I saw something a few weeks back about the oldest average aged squads in the division last season, and I think the four oldest squads all finished in the top six, so maybe experience is a boon in this league (although I think Crewe were the next oldest squad but ignore them!)

19 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Alan Hanson was a manager? 🙃

I bow to your superior knowledge. I should have said ex international- 8x 1st division winner- 2x Fa cup winner- 4x League cup winner- 6x Charity Shield winner - FL Super cup winner -  3x European cup winner - UEFA Super cup winner

Yes didnt have his coaching badges though

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Ideally you want a blend of youth and experience, but Moore seems to have gone more for the older player.

That said, I saw something a few weeks back about the oldest average aged squads in the division last season, and I think the four oldest squads all finished in the top six, so maybe experience is a boon in this league (although I think Crewe were the next oldest squad but ignore them!)

Take Stockdale and Akinfenwa out of Wycombes team they may be the youngest lol

6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Nonsense. I’ve recently obtained a secret photo of some of our promising youngsters just getting integrated with the main squad….

It will definitely bring the average age down…

image.jpeg.0bda8f97fffd7551fa54045930aee6d2.jpeg

3 of those players still look bigger than Bannan

Not sure it's entirely accurate this statement. 

Moore brought in Adeniran, Storey, BPF, Brown, Corbeanu, Agbontohoma, TJJ and we've used FDB numerous times last season.

Some of them didn't work out and some of them were injured and some were signed for the future in Agbontohoma. But there's certainly plenty of evidence to suggest we like a blend of youth and experience in the squad.

I'd be very surprised if we don't see some more youth come through the door before the window is closed. 

• Like 7