Cauley Woodrow

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

Can’t see dingles letting us have him? They just got a new manager in aswell ? 

Has another year on his contract.   Don't see why they'd sell him to anyone, never mind a rival in their league.  They'll want to get straight back up.  

Only possibility is that he's had enough and wants a change, woin't sign a new deal so they want to cash in before he leaves for nowt in 12 months.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The coach said:

He walks for nowt in 12 months...we got winall for a 'bargain' 500k in the same situation..but that said i dont see us spending 500k on anybody

Fair point, but as contracts continue to shorten throughout football, that's less of an issue. 

Not saying £500k not about right, but when we thought Windass was entering his last year, most (including me) wanted us to hold out for around £1m.

The bigger problem is Barnsley selling to us, they can be a bitter bunch. Although they do owe us for paying them any money for Winnall :ph34r:🤣

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

Yeah. 

Maybe Portsmouth want Woodrow, because Hirst is off to Ipswich 

Would Ipswich want both Hirst & Woodrow? 

I’d take both of them here so I imagine they would.

This would be a top signing I just can’t see it happening for some reason. I hope I’m wrong.

• Like 2

Would absolutely like him but can't see it myself.

He's club captain, they'd surely want a hefty fee 1mil+ with his age and everything considered?

I'm not sure why Barnsley would sell him to a league one club honestly, much more likely a Champ team but we'll see.

• Like 1