Wildsmith Gone

On 16/06/2022 at 18:04, FlyingOwl said:

And there’s absolutely no reason for anyone to say anything hugely negative in this thread.

The times he played for us were rarely in favourable circumstances 

No reason other than someone having an opinion different to yours?& expressing it?

• Thanks 1

On 16/06/2022 at 18:42, GermanBird said:

With 33 % clean sheets in the league games this season he was as good as BPF.  

I hope he will find another league one club and be their number one.

It's always the same... we don't rate our own players, do we?

Good luck Joe Wildsmith!! 

Come off it,he played how many games? to get said 33% clean sheets?..really must get out of the habit of hero worshiping players at S6 There are STILL people on this forum who would be quite happy to bring back players who have earned mega bucks here and who we have had NO success with whatsoever....

JW did not improve during his time here,nor was he able to eliminate his weak area's...I wish him well at his next Gig.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 16/06/2022 at 21:37, torryowl said:

always thought the birmingham home game did for him when the crowd gave him some stick with ironic cheers when he caught the ball after his gaff .......he never seemed  quite the same after that 

Boo Hoo for him eh?.......kin crowd again........really?......Its not EASY being a pro footballer,lots dont make it....thats why not just anybody can do it..If you DO make the grade(in somebodys opinion) you are expected to be able to deal with the big occosions in front of your(and others) Home crowds....

Personally ime sick of the excuses....

If that was the case,should have put in a transfer request than Years ago eh?

• Like 2

Glad he's gone, but surprised we offered him a contract at all. 

Wildsmith made his professional debut 7 years ago.  We can't keep players  indefinitely who are not playing/performing because we are a nice club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Wildsmith made his professional debut 7 years ago.  We can't keep players  indefinitely who are not playing/performing because we are a nice club.

Totally agree but plenty on here would have kept the ‘lad’ ‘kid’ etc etc and any other sentimental adjective you want to use….Being home grown and a Wednesdayite is NOT a criteria for either keeping,or selecting a player MERIT being good enough to deserve the shirt IS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, parajack said:

Boo Hoo for him eh?.......kin crowd again........really?......Its not EASY being a pro footballer,lots dont make it....thats why not just anybody can do it..If you DO make the grade(in somebodys opinion) you are expected to be able to deal with the big occosions in front of your(and others) Home crowds....

i see it differently ,if someone is having a bad time thats when they need the supporters with them ...i just dont see what getting on a players back achieves ......

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, parajack said:

Why are you so angry all of the time? You’re so angrymad about everything. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@parajack  

Here's how football works in my opinion:

All the magic about supporting a club is based on "the illusion" that we are a team  and belong together - the players, the manager, the fans and everybody who works for the club. We rally together under the same colours and badge and aim for the common mission- to be the best team in the world.  Thousands of people - united as one!

This team spirit for me includes all players, who want to play for us. Our players are like familiy & friends to me and IMO that's essential. Of course I connect to the players and as soon as I stop connecting to the players, I won't follow football anymore, because it would become meaningless.

If you don't feel this connection and see the players only as money driven employees (or worse than employees - as  usually you also care for your employees), how do you manage to stick to your club instead of supporting a more successful one? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

@parajack  

All the magic about supporting a club is based on "the illusion" that we are a team  and belong together - the players, the manager, the fans and everybody who works for the club. We rally together under the same colours and badge and aim for the common mission- to be the best team in the world.  Thousands of people - united as one!

This team spirit for me includes all players, who want to play for us. Our players are like familiy & friends to me and IMO that's essential. Of course I connect to the players and as soon as I stop connecting to the players, I won't follow football anymore, because it would become meaningless.

If you don't feel this connection and see the players only as money driven employees (or worse than employees - as  usually you also care for your employees), how do you manage to stick to your club instead of supporting a more successful one? 

Players come & go and only play for the money so not convinced by the we are all family ..certainly dont feel any connection to them but as long as they give 100% then I'll  back em while there here.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

@parajack  

Born into it.  Didn’t choose my team

Edited by parajack

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

i see it differently ,if someone is having a bad time thats when they need the supporters with them ...i just dont see what getting on a players back achieves ......

You might be right,but at times they DO deserve it remember our ‘high 5’ from one of our players to another who scored against us? Or Reach’s lethargic performances? I could go on FF not getting on the bus Players who enjoyed good salary’s and job security not prepared to sign a contract extension during COVID to help the Club NML not tracking back. What are the crowd supposed to do, wait for the fish to be thrown so they can clap like a seal?   NO and in the case of a Pro footballer dealing with crowd dissapointment or comment is expected of them. Try having someone gob in your face and call you a British ££&tard and not react but get on and do your job I did and many others faced worse. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Manwë said:

Totally agree reading the thread it suddenly occurred to me what would Tony Toms have made of some of comments on here about hurt feelings and crowds getting on players backs 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, shandypants said:

Why are you so angry all of the time? You’re so angrymad about everything. 

Angry? mad? well the invasion of Ukraine certainly made me feel both of those emotions,but ime not sure why you imagine posting on a forum would make me feel either of those 2 things...

I just speak my mind,thats it....people ask for that generally,(or at least say they do..) UNTIL they get some......

I WILL admit to getting ****ed off at times,when at a time when our Club is in the doldrums that people want to start getting nostalgic about players who we have achieved NOTHING with.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Think it's just to be controversial so as not to be ignored..probably needs take up basket weaving and chill.

YAWN.................I see you couldnt resist having your two penneth eh? despite you NOT being the person the Q was directed at........Little bit of attention seeking of your own there eh? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Angry? mad? well the invasion of Ukraine certainly made me feel both of those emotions,but ime not sure why you imagine posting on a forum would make me feel either of those 2 things...

I just speak my mind,thats it....people ask for that generally,(or at least say they do..) UNTIL they get some......

I WILL admit to getting ****ed off at times,when at a time when our Club is in the doldrums that people want to start getting nostalgic about players who we have achieved NOTHING with.

I think you just say it as it is.

Think some probably read it as being angry. You're just being straight to the point with how you view things. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, parajack said:

YAWN.................I see you couldnt resist having your two penneth eh? despite you NOT being the person the Q was directed at........Little bit of attention seeking of your own there eh? 

Your right, nothing wrong with calling things out when it is plain wrong...bye bye.