Wildsmith Gone

15 hours ago, The coach said:

‘Goin out on loan’ always the answer on here..people have to want to loan them..he’s a third choice 3rd division keeper..he hasn’t been in demand..you can’t phone other clubs up and demand they loan our players

My point was that when Westwood was here, he was our no.2 (and reasonably regularly called upon) so it prevented him going out on loan and getting regular football at an age when he needed it. There were options for him to go out on loan then to lower league teams but the timing wasn’t right. No one’s fault, as such, but just how things worked out. He’ll now probably have to drop to the National League to get first team football and work his way back up if he’s ultimately good enough.

17 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Well obviously, Wildsmith has turned out to not be good enough for Wednesday. Dawson may yet make the grade after a great, confidence building season. If you think it’s ok to call a lad dogshite because he isn’t good enough for Wednesday and still can’t see how out of order that is, then you have a problem. Simple as that. 

Well said.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Well obviously, Wildsmith has turned out to not be good enough for Wednesday. Dawson may yet make the grade after a great, confidence building season. If you think it’s ok to call a lad dogshite because he isn’t good enough for Wednesday and still can’t see how out of order that is, then you have a problem. Simple as that. 

You’re the one with the problem. How delicate are you? I’m sure neither give a crap with all their money and massive houses. Just for you I’ll change it to ‘Wildsmith and Dawson are not very good keepers’. Is that better dad?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

You’re the one with the problem. How delicate are you? I’m sure neither give a crap with all their money and massive houses. Just for you I’ll change it to ‘Wildsmith and Dawson are not very good keepers’. Is that better dad?

"I’m sure neither give a crap with all their money and massive houses"

Wow, just wow. I've read some really dumb comments on here, but this is right up there with them.

• Like 7

Just now, Devonstrix said:

sadly some havnt the intelligence to express themselves without being abusive ........

• Like 8

17 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

My point was that when Westwood was here, he was our no.2 (and reasonably regularly called upon) so it prevented him going out on loan and getting regular football at an age when he needed it. There were options for him to go out on loan then to lower league teams but the timing wasn’t right. No one’s fault, as such, but just how things worked out. He’ll now probably have to drop to the National League to get first team football and work his way back up if he’s ultimately good enough.

Moore chose to send Dawson out on loan with a view to him challenging for the first choice keeper.

The season at Exeter was very good for him,so I don't think there is any surprise ,the decision was made 12 months ago

• Like 1

He can't be that bad, DM obviously thinks he's better than Dawson or he would have sent him out on loan to Exeter or wherever and kept Dawson as cover, he's also been offered a new contract so "Hello" he must be well thought of or he'd have been released 🤔 good luck to the kid.

• Like 2

Guest Musttryharder
On 16/06/2022 at 21:14, barn_owl said:

Good luck to the lad. A few highs and lows in his appearances and probably best for him that he moves on. He needs to be first choice somewhere now or his career will fade. Will end up in league 1 at best but hopefully it will kickstart his career

But we are in League 1. So your assumption is 100% correct.

That's a shame better than Drop it Dawson and that clown we had in the net all last season, he was nuts. Understand he wants to be playing.... if we had done better by him I think he would have been our number 1 for years. Good luck to him

On 17/06/2022 at 21:38, Devonstrix said:

He isn’t a ‘lad’ ffs. He is a pro Championship GK who simply hasn’t done enough or improved enough to make the GK shirt his own . He like Dawson has enjoyed decent money at S6 long contracts and has just turned down another one. Fans are emotive and pay good money and expect better. Stop feeling sorry for players who we have achieved NOTHING with

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Was the 10th longest serving player in the league . Palmer is second on that list.

Two lads who have done great service to our club. 

Not lads but we’ll paid pro footballers who have seen us achieve nothing but failure whilst playing Really need to get a grip and lose this nostalgic sentimental attitude to players

@parajack

isn't the emotional bond, which we not only have for the club, but also for all the players, a major part, why we support Wednesday?

If you take the emotions away and just watch 22 random people chasing after a ball, doesn't it take the value out of it?

For me the players are like "part of the family" and not "employees"

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

@parajack

isn't the emotional bond, which we not only have for the club, but also for all the players, a major part, why we support Wednesday?

If you take the emotions away and just watch 22 random people chasing after a ball, doesn't it take the value out of it?

For me the players are like "part of the family" and not "employees"

Have a look at our recent ‘players’ you think they feel the same way?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, parajack said:

Have a look at our recent ‘players’ you think they feel the same way?

Good point. 

There are surely some, who have been here for the money, but I want to believe that those are leaving now.

We've got some really committed players in our remaining squad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GermanBird said:

Good point. 

There are surely some, who have been here for the money, but I want to believe that those are leaving now.

We've got some really committed players in our remaining squad

In the main they are Pro athletes I don’t blame them one iota forgetting the best deal available for them In the same vein we should have NO hesitation AT ALL in moving on players who are not good enough OR fail to show the right attitude,commitment, or desire to move this Club forward.This nostalgic references to our players does niether us OR them any service at all.

• Love 1