Wildsmith Gone

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, I Love Coffee said:

Excellent news, he had more than enough oppertunity to make the first team place his own

That's the spirit. 

Guest I Love Coffee
1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Stay classy mate. 

What is wrong with congratulating somebody for wanting to play rather than picking up easy money?

Don t think we did either Joe or Cam any favours with the chopping and changing. Should have had them out on loan, earlier in their careers. Whether they were ultimately going to be good enough who knows but the handling of both has not been great. 

• Like 3

hope he gets a league 1 or 2 club most of our academy players what have made an appearance for 1st team have ended up at boston matlock gainsborough etc some a lot lower than that. its not easy making the grade some thought our awful u23 squad would have got into 1st team last season , sadly there were a mile off that. think joe is a decent keeper though id be amazed if he dont get snapped up very quickly 

I thought he looked promising when he first got into the team, but, for some reason, he was not able to push on and make the goalie position his own.

Hope he finds himself another club soon and that he does well there - good luck, Joe !

Good luck to the lad. A few highs and lows in his appearances and probably best for him that he moves on. He needs to be first choice somewhere now or his career will fade. Will end up in league 1 at best but hopefully it will kickstart his career

Little bit perturbed at some of the diatribe here, even the veiled stuff towards Wildsmith.

He had a couple of hindrances, one was that another prospect was coming through at the same time.   He also had some injury issues.

He's a nice man, he could have stayed on and picked up an easy pay day each month.  He wanted to go the same time last year but was persuaded not to.

Those saying he can't be a No1 anywhere are a little weird in my eyes.   Look what Dawson did last season, Wildsmith can and will do the same.

• Like 3

Guest Jack the Hat

Good luck joe. Didn’t work out but you had some great games for us . My best memory is the wonder save at Bumhole Stain in the derby.