Mendez-Laing Contract Latest

Guest Musttryharder

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I'd like M-L to stay as he can be good on his day. I like his direct style.

He's probably had offers from the Championship TBF, and maybe he'll stay if we match them. However,  if we are unwilling to meet his wage demands then I am sure we will be able to find an adequate replacement. 

In this league and played in his best position he would be an asset. DM must have some very tasty players lined up if we are replacing the likes NML and one or two others. There seems to be a fair share of assumptions in this thread about NML possibly directing the comments towards Wednesday, and, as result he suddenly becomes an unwanted player at Wednesday by those on here. Call it fickle, but WTF. Mind, we had similar with the Windass thread and that seems to have died of death.

I think he's a good player at this level, but he's one of those egos on the pitch (and off). That's not necessarily a bad thing, it gives them the confidence/arrogance to play with swagger... but so frequently it does seem to be paired with a lack of workrate. I want quality on the pitch, but I trust and hope that Moore can find someone that's just as good on the ball and has that swagger but also works really hard. I think that's the type of football we've been trying to play a lot of the time.

NML would be a luxury player of debatable quality, which doesn't seem to fit in to what Moore wants from his squad. Hopefully.

Strange thing to post. I thought he would of signed for Wigan seeing as he was said to have Champ interest and they went all out for him seemingly in January. 

I think he’d be a real handful at this level in a side with wingers. He never looked comfortable at WB or striker enough for me to lose sleep if he goes. 

Guest Musttryharder
3 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

It does, he hasn’t fitted in simply because he’s not good enough as a winger/striker or full back, bit part player and pretty much just an upgrade on Kadeem Harris

Moore has tried to shoe horn him in, he’s an impact player, in league one that’s a luxury, as we’ve seen.

Charlie Carole is an upgrade on Harris. Lets be right DM in the first part of the season hadnt a clue what is best starting 11 was .Square pegs and round holes. The two Sunderland  play off games will haunt me for a long time so lets not dish out too many acolades just yet. It will be interesting to see who he replaces our last years loan players and out of contract players with for this season. Storey, Dean and LLoungo will be massive losses if we cant get them back. They will alone be very hard to replace.

4 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

If he is having a dig at a club and manager that gave him a chance after a troubled career, then I very much suggest he goes elsewhere. 

I don't know all the ins and outs, so will reserve too much judgement.

Think he's a handy player to have around, but if wages are being reserved to bring in younger players, or to keep on more key players such as Luongo and Hunt, then I'm fine with him moving on. Especially if he is having a bit of a sulk. 

Why do you get the idea hat he’s doing that? 

1 hour ago, markg said:

Are people being deliberately thick?

Sadly, they aren't doing this deliberately. Equally as sadly, they've learned to use a keyboard, so now we all have to read their idiocy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, katie melua said:

Looks to me is if he's having a dig at Paul Pogba, rather than at the club

How easy tweets can be misinterpreted though

Then again, he may be annoyed because he wants the same wages here that David Jones got

I seriously think that it was obvious that he was doing that. I don't get how anyone can come to any other conclusion if they think about it for more than about 2 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, markg said:

How do you get that idea? 

We played 31 since he signed but he played in just 18, so he featured in just over half.

Over a whole season including cup competitions that equates to about 27 appearances. I want players who are consistently going to be in the side for 40+ appearances per season. If they can't manage that it's for one of two reasons, either form isn't good enough or physically (injuries) they aren't up to it.

Edited by Utah Owl