Mendez-Laing Contract Latest

If he is having a dig at a club and manager that gave him a chance after a troubled career, then I very much suggest he goes elsewhere. 

I don't know all the ins and outs, so will reserve too much judgement.

Think he's a handy player to have around, but if wages are being reserved to bring in younger players, or to keep on more key players such as Luongo and Hunt, then I'm fine with him moving on. Especially if he is having a bit of a sulk. 

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

He’s an even less effective Jermaine Johnson. 

Why, do you think JJ was ineffective. I think he was probably the last genuine player who could get bums off seats. Those sort of players will always drift in and out games otherwise they would just burn themselves out. 

2 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

If he is having a dig at a club and manager that gave him a chance after a troubled career, then I very much suggest he goes elsewhere. 

I don't know all the ins and outs, so will reserve too much judgement.

Think he's a handy player to have around, but if wages are being reserved to bring in younger players, or to keep on more key players such as Luongo and Hunt, then I'm fine with him moving on. Especially if he is having a bit of a sulk. 

^^^^

This x 1,000,000,000%

Absolutely no call for players to get mardy arsed like this. If I were a manager, any player that tried that with me would be got rid of pronto. 

• Love 1

NML is a good player at this level and Championship. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet, Moore played him as a striker which he isn't. Give him a run of games as a winger and he will shine.

If he's unhappy with our offer that's fine, we go our seperate ways with no hard feelings. If he can get better than we can offer it's not a problem, it's just business.

I'm not sure if his comments were a dig at us or Pogba, if it's at us then there's no need for it, just say you can do better elsewhere and go. It all seems a bit childish. We certainly don't want any disaffected players.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Oh dear that doesn’t sound good. 

It does, he hasn’t fitted in simply because he’s not good enough as a winger/striker or full back, bit part player and pretty much just an upgrade on Kadeem Harris

Moore has tried to shoe horn him in, he’s an impact player, in league one that’s a luxury, as we’ve seen.

I read it differently, as in he is laughing at Pogba who claims to have been offered nothing, but in comparison to pretty much everybody else in the world, will have been offered a crazy amount of money per week! Don’t know, maybe I’m being naïve but don’t think you can read too much into a post like that.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

To me it's not clear he's having a pop at Wednesday. He could be taking the pizz out of Pogba or even having a go at another club who said they wanted him but haven't followed it up with an offer.

• Like 3