Mendez-Laing Contract Latest

I thought he was good before his injury but didn’t look the same after he came back. On balance I’d like him to stay but at 30 he doesn’t have any resale value so if we use his wage to get in a younger player then I’ll be more than ok with that. 

• Like 1

Out of Hunt, Luongo and NML, he's the one i'm least fussed about. Granted it doesn't look great IF we're messing him about and not offering him anything yet, it doesn't reflect too good on us if we're dragging things out, just hope we aren't doing the same with Hunt and Luongo. They've both served us well, much better than NML. And they deserve respecting with proper contract negotiations. 

If he’s posting that kind of stuff when it should be between himself and the club it’s best he goes. 
If he’s got a better offer elsewhere he’ll be gone anyway. No need for him to make a drama out of it. We’re a league 1club trying at last to live within our means. He clearly wants to be playing at a higher level but he’s damaged goods & should remember where he was a year ago

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good in some games, ineffective in others, didn’t really fit perfectly into the system we used last season.

Not fussed if he doesn’t stay really, decent player on his day but not irreplaceable. Like others have said, would be preferable to sign a younger player who we can develop and hopefully sell on for a few quid

The way to improve a club is to bring in players who are better than what are already here

NML wouldn't be a regular starter, he'd be a squad player

I'd sooner save the wages and bring in a talented loanee from a premiership club

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I'd like M-L to stay as he can be good on his day. I like his direct style.

He's probably had offers from the Championship TBF, and maybe he'll stay if we match them. However,  if we are unwilling to meet his wage demands then I am sure we will be able to find an adequate replacement. 

• Like 1