Josh Windass to remain an owl and stay at SWFC

5 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Sweepstake on how many minutes into the season he's crocked and sidelined tapping the badge

He wasn't ever injury-prone, might be now, I don't know.  But if he's fit-and-firing he could really be an asset.  Is he fit ?  Will he get hamstrung again ?  Don't know,  it's probably worth the gamble though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

At what point does a player become a crock?   Soon as a player gets injured he's written off by huge swathes of Wednesday fans.  

Too much football manager me thinks.  

Anybody who is out for 2 or more games in their entire career, is deemed to be a crock by the intelligentsia on here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Clubs decision not to sell will backfire on and off the pitch in the same way as holding onto Fessi hurt us in the long term. Not trying to be negative and I really hope I’m wrong but getting it out there now so it’s not hindsight come the end of next season. 

It may or may not. He's a decent player who can make things happen. Unlike Fessi he's not disgracefully held the club to ransom and he seems happy to stay. Factor in that we don't know how the proposed deal was structured nor indeed the financial stability of the buying club and it may be that rejecting the offer was the prudent call. The arbiter will likely be his fitness next season .

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

He wasn't ever injury-prone, might be now, I don't know.  But if he's fit-and-firing he could really be an asset.  Is he fit ?  Will he get hamstrung again ?  Don't know,  it's probably worth the gamble though.

Oh, i agree, and i hope he has a stormer.

I'm just working on our bloody luck with injuries the past few seasons.

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

At what point does a player become a crock?   Soon as a player gets injured

then you'd be right, it's as soon as he or she is injured.

crocked

/krɒkt/

adjective

INFORMAL•BRITISH

(especially of a sports player) unable to play or perform due to injury.

"he replaced the crocked captain early in the game"

Lots of people said Luongo was a crock before this season, and look how important he was for us.

Lots of people before the season said a fit Windass was the difference maker.

Now that he is actually looking like getting fit they want rid.

I don't understand the logic, if Windass and Iorfa can make the sort of Come back from long term injury Luongo has and get back to anywhere near their best we potentially have the best forward and defender in the division without having to spend money.

Edited by leftpeg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/06/2022 at 13:28, alanharper said:

He'd better be fully fit now, because if that hamstring injury reoccurs everybody's going to turn round and say "stupid decision, we should've taken the money".

Yea we will miss their monthly HP payments on 750, 000. !!

11 minutes ago, leftpeg said:

Lots of people said Luongo was a crock before this season, and look how important he was for us.

Lots of people before the season said a fit Windass was the difference maker.

Now that he is actually looking like getting fit they want rid.

I don't understand the logic, if Windass and Iorfa can make the sort of Come back from long term injury Luongo has and get back to anywhere near their best we potentially have the best forward and defender in the division without having to spend money.

Yeah Luongo makes a difference; good player and right to offer a new contract....... if it's on League 1 wages especially given that he's now quite likely a 30 games a season max player.

Iorfa again is a good player when on his game but I do believe he is somewhat overrated by some fans. 

Now Windass; again a good player who can make things happen so happy for him to stay. That said, if we'd  received a bid north of £1.25m, reasonably scheduled (and from a demonstrably stable,  financially, club) I reckon we'd  have let him go given his recurring long term injury last season.

21/22  4 goals

20/21  9 goals

19/20  7 goals

18/19  5 goals

Hugely overrated player who doesn’t suit our formation.

Hope I eat my words, but I just don’t see what all the fuss is about.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

then you'd be right, it's as soon as he or she is injured.

crocked

/krɒkt/

adjective

INFORMAL•BRITISH

(especially of a sports player) unable to play or perform due to injury.

"he replaced the crocked captain early in the game"

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

See above definition , how ironic. lol

Crock doesn't mean any particular length of injury. Just injury. So by your own admition. Two games, is actually crocked.

Captain Pedantry.

• Haha 1