Stockdale Terms Agreed

57 minutes ago, The coach said:

I think 'great signing' is a tad ott tbh

I don’t know these are the type of signings for a club that are great for reasons fans don’t always get excited about 

experience,

great keeper for this level 

short cheap contract

Our aim is promotion, do we think we can get it with stockdale in net- I do 

I think he’s better than BFP and won’t drop as many blunders and be more assured at the back 

and I think he will be much chewier than BFP

I also think we would probably want better longer term and on promotion 

stockdale will improve the department on last year for less IMO and if we get promoted next year would be a good cheap option in a department of 3 keepers 

he will be great to have around especially for people like Dawson and wildsmith ( think he will leave ) 

so yeah I actually think for all the right reasons this is a great signing 

Exactly what we need at this time 

just not exciting for people but it will be a very effective signing 

League one golden glove last season on free 

if we signed last seasons leading goal scorer on a free even if he was mid thirties would anyone complain? 

• Like 5

Just now, Swfcsi said:

Bloody hell the lads not even put the shirt on yet and loads of you are having a go ,he won the golden glove last season and to a playoff final what more do you want ????Buffon lol

Buffon is too old mate he’s 44 now 

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Only really seen him against MK in play offs and thought he looked very slow and lethargic. Whether that was as it had been a long season or what I don’t know but thought he looked past it, looked a bit Sunday league. Hope I’m wrong.

Yet he got man of the match in both games 🤔

Me thinks you didn't really watch those games.

• Like 1

Never been his biggest fan. 

Always thought he should have saved Wallace’s shot in the play offs against Brighton.

And those goals he conceded at Wembley against Sunderland are still firmly in the memory.

Looks like he struggles to get down to low shots these days. 

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Never been his biggest fan. 

Always thought he should have saved Wallace’s shot in the play offs against Brighton.

And those goals he conceded at Wembley against Sunderland are still firmly in the memory.

Looks like he struggles to get down to low shots these days. 

He's an athlete and not really past his prime for a keeper in this day and age....  he played a full season injury free...  i'm pretty sure DM has done his homework and wouldnt sign someone who "struggles to get down to low shots"..............   ridiculous statement....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

He's an athlete and not really past his prime for a keeper in this day and age....  he played a full season injury free...  i'm pretty sure DM has done his homework and wouldnt sign someone who "struggles to get down to low shots"..............   ridiculous statement....

Not really a ridiculous statement is it. 

I’m sure Moore did his homework on Brown, Sow, and Kamberi, but they were hardly a success was they. 

And let’s be honest at 36 he is past his prime. 

12 hours ago, GermanBird said:

He signed a  one-year-extension at Wycombe in May 2021 - this year is over now and therefore he gets a free transfer.

He's been offered a new contract by Wycombe, which he declined as he wants to join us  💙🤍💙

Thanks for that. They still wanted him but he has been offered more money by us. Understand it but what does Dawson do?

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Give Cameron Dawson a chance at No1 - Fans Meltdown 

Sign an experienced goalie -Fans Meltdown 

Summed up Perfectly 

Personally i'll give both our new signings a chance and assess them when they've actually kicked a ball for us 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Summed up Perfectly 

Personally i'll give both our new signings a chance and assess them when they've actually kicked a ball for us 

Careful, now - you'll be accused of being a hindsight-peddling fence-sitter.

What you're supposed to do is make an outlandishly extreme statement; argue incessantly and with ever-increasing vitriol in order to defend your stance; and then refuse to countenance any evidence which might call your original viewpoint into question.

:ph34r:

Best of luck to him. Always tough coming into a position here where we have typically got it right and have high expectations. Since supporting us I’ve seen some genuinely decent keepers compared to other positions  in the team pressman, Lucas, grant, weaver, Kirkland, Westwood, BPF all all fondly remembered and new signings are compared to them. Stockdale more a David Lucas I think!

• Like 1