Alex Smythe from Uddersfield

44 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Marosi from Shrewsbury.

Alex Smythe from Uddersfield

Marosi linked with swansea and other championship clubs 

Alex Smithies from Cardiff will get a championship club 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

I just think signing Stockdale suggests DM doesn’t have complete faith in Dawson who by all accounts did superb at Exeter. Being the age that he is, I’d be surprised if he lasts more than 2 seasons with us and not sure what the contract situation is but could easily find ourselves in a pickle. I can see exeter or someone else in L1 signing him permanently. 

I appreciate it’s a balancing act between younger players and experience, especially in the goalkeeping department where you are fighting for only 1 position. 

I thought DM had said he would looking closely at Dawson in pre season. Seems he’s already made his mind up.

Interesting comment on the Wycombe forum on distribution.

'As well as being a great traditional keeper and character, i think we would also miss his distribution. The speed at which he releases the ball out to Vokes and McLeary has given a different dimension to some of our attacking play'

• Like 6

4 hours ago, victorturner said:

Why is he getting a free transfer?

He signed a  one-year-extension at Wycombe in May 2021 - this year is over now and therefore he gets a free transfer.

He's been offered a new contract by Wycombe, which he declined as he wants to join us  💙🤍💙

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

Interesting comment on the Wycombe forum on distribution.

'As well as being a great traditional keeper and character, i think we would also miss his distribution. The speed at which he releases the ball out to Vokes and McLeary has given a different dimension to some of our attacking play'

Interesting, let’s hope this is the case, it could make a difference.

• Like 2

Seems a sensible low-risk signing so long as we aren’t signing him just as his body packs in. He’ll be 37 just after the season starts and even by keeper standards that’s old. People talk about Bywater but he was only 30 the year we got promoted. 

This is one of those solid reassuring signings that makes me think next season is going to be a good one. 

Is it exciting to sign a 36 year old keeper? No. Is he what  we need right now as we look to build a solid and steady defensive unit? Yes. 

My favourite thing about him though is his unbelievably conceited website. 😂

https://www.davidstockdale13.co.uk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3