Ben Heneghan

I love how are biggest indication and most reliable source is still our chairman’s school son living in Thailand 

always makes chuckle that one 

and best thing is he is actually the biggest indication and most reliable source we have 

until att starts following they are all just rumours, agent talk or journalists trying to get sales and generate interest abs stories 

• Like 1

I have no idea if Heneghan is any good or not. But let’s be honest. We need three or four new Centre Backs and they aren’t all going to be Championship level players (if indeed any are). He’s played a lot of games at this level, doesn’t have a history if injuries, is 28 and he’s 6ft 3. All of these are good things. I can only assume DM thinks he’s good enough or he wouldn’t be on his way here (I can’t imagine this is a Paixao signing!). 

I’ll judge him when I’ve seen him play for us. But for now at least we are signing players in the right position…

• Like 5

1 minute ago, andypandy said:

owl1.PNG

Everyone always goes on about taking punts looking for lower league ‘gems’, well this on a free is surely that theory. 

Time for us as fans to not bemoan a signing that doesn’t come with a big reputation or signing fee. We know how that turned out. 

• Like 6

Excuse me if I'm being deliberately thick (not for the  first time)....if footballers contracts expire at the end of June and pre season starts next Monday, what do new (free transfer) signings do for the first 10 days of pre season?

3 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

I remember when we signed the likes of Graham Coughlan. He wasn't a household name and was a lower league defender and he turned out to be very good

Coughlan had been the captain of the side that had previously won the title.

Not sure he’s a good comparison for a player relegated in a side on a 27 game winless streak. 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2022 at 11:21, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Is he any good? WTF:

7F77A981-C94D-43FC-A273-2B56C91F7768.jpeg

Give it time and somebody in here will tell you he isn't because of his height, age, weight, who he supports, who he's played for. 

delete as applicable

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Coughlan had been the captain of the side that had previously won the title.

Not sure he’s a good comparison for a player relegated in a side on a 27 game winless streak. 

True that Coughlan was the captain for Plymouth in their promotion season

But the point still remains, he was a lower league player when we signed him and he turned out to be a decent signing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Excuse me if I'm being deliberately thick (not for the  first time)....if footballers contracts expire at the end of June and pre season starts next Monday, what do new (free transfer) signings do for the first 10 days of pre season?

Good question.

It's a bit of a one off as pre-season starts so early but I wonder if their current club will allow them to train with their "new" club - assuming all things are agreed regarding the transfer. There's no fee involved with this, just 10 days of player wages and insurance. Maybe we'll pick this up.

It's either that or he does nothing or trains with Wimbledon, which seem unlikely seeing as he is leaving them if all this is true.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

True that Coughlan was the captain for Plymouth in their promotion season

But the point still remains, he was a lower league player when we signed him and he turned out to be a decent signing

Plus, I used to see him shopping regularly at Morrisons in Hillsborough - I bet he was chuffed to bits bumping into me every other week...