EFL could stream matches and scrap 3pm protection

58 minutes ago, Luke said:

I stream every home game and stream away games I cant attend 

And knowing chansiri doesn't get a single penny makes the experience even better 

Don't the clubs get 80% of the fee and pardon me if I'm thick but why do you stream home games if you attend..??

On 10/06/2022 at 10:27, wiggy said:

I don’t believe so. I think it’s based on a percentage of ticket sales in the NFL otherwise it’s blacked out in the home state.

The TV companies buy up all the unsold tickets, if they want to show a match live in the home state. 

1 hour ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Don't the clubs get 80% of the fee and pardon me if I'm thick but why do you stream home games if you attend..??

Yeah, the clubs make money out of ifollow. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

The TV companies buy up all the unsold tickets, if they want to show a match live in the home state. 

I’d be up for somebody buying the 15,000 empty seats each week in order to stream it lol

Prioritizing streaming rather than encouraging actual matchday attendance means that we are competing for fans with all other football clubs from the Premiership on downwards.

Do we really think that some randoms who don't go to matches are going to start watching Wednesday instead of Man City or whoever?

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Prioritizing streaming rather than encouraging actual matchday attendance means that we are competing for fans with all other football clubs from the Premiership on downwards.

Do we really think that some randoms who don't go to matches are going to start watching Wednesday instead of Man City or whoever?

I watched an episode of that new Star Wars series this week

It was absolutely awful

Not sure if that proves your point or not

Owlstalk Shop

On 10/06/2022 at 08:27, swfc1983 said:

Think also the onus would be on clubs to improve the match day experience. Make it more than about just the game. Offer good quality food, drink and service at decent prices. Have entertainment on, make people want to get to the ground early and meet up with mates and spend money instead of piling it all into the tills at the Rawson. It would require a big logistical and cultural change to the normal match day routine but I’m sure it could be done.

I don't think you'll ever change this if I'm being honest.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I don't think you'll ever change this if I'm being honest.

Too right

I don’t bother going to many matches these days but I’ll spend more at Rawsons on a match day than at Hillsborough that’s for sure

I don't think it will have too much of an effect, people who want to stream the games will currently do so by the improper channels, I can't attend every game (particularly mid week ones) so will use streaming to fill in the gaps (it used to be Radio Sheffields job), a match being streamed wouldn't take precedence over attending the game, its nowhere near the same experience.

6 hours ago, Luke said:

I stream every home game and stream away games I cant attend 

And knowing chansiri doesn't get a single penny makes the experience even better 

so you’d rather your money go into some outside company than the club you love?

I find that very odd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1