First pro dela for Cadamarteri

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Not just referring to Hirst mate, but Urhoghide and Shaw as well

Potentially though... for those 2 going to Celtic and having next to no 1st team football with them may have done us a favour aslo. Maybe a blessing in disguise. 

• Like 2

Just now, Grezus Bezzus said:

Why is wanting more money greedy when it's a footballer but not for any other job in the world?

Doesn't everyone want more money?

Yes, this is true. But he was unproven at the time and offered more than any others at the club at his level. 🤷‍♂️. Also if he stayed and developed he could have commanded more money in the future, instead I think the move ended up slowing his progress and potentially the amount he could be earning.

I may be wrong but that's what I think anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Do we know if its a 1, 2 or more years deal.

I know the scholarship normally sign two year deals, but cannot see anything anywhere.

if would be great to give him time to develop, but equally if he does then not lose him for next to nothing because we are signing year to year deals.

Just now, room0035 said:

I know the scholarship normally sign two year deals, but cannot see anything anywhere.

if would be great to give him time to develop, but equally if he does then not lose him for next to nothing because we are signing year to year deals.

Can't believe it will be anything less than a two year deal after very lengthy negotiations.

• Like 3

Excellent start to our Summer dealings.

It is not only that we tied really promising talent to our club for immediate future, but We showed how far we went from last season as I'm sure that there is no way We would have tied this deal down 9 months ago.

We learned on our previous mistakes, did great job and showed that there is a place for talented youngsters brought through our own academy at Sheffield Wednesday.

Equally happy and proud of this deal 💙🤍💙

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Crann (or was it Miller) said long term contract. And as I understand length of deal was part of why it took so long to arrange it.

• Thanks 4

Well done to both the club and cadamarteri.  I hope we see him in some games in the first team this season..  maybe a 3 month loan to league two top team to get him up to speed then a few sub appearances for us after that might be the way to go.

• Haha 1

There's a few getting a bit ahead of themselves here. Lads only just turned 17 so for me let him establish himself in the u23s to start with and maybe give him a taste of the first team in the pizza cup.

If he's progressing well come January then maybe think about sending him out on loan to a National League side or similar. Let's not do a Hirst with this lad, give him the space to develop at his own pace.

Fair play to the club for getting him tied down at the earliest opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, marconi said:

Good news. Well done to Bailey and his dad.

Deserves some game time to reward his loyalty now.

Definitely . Seems like the real deal this kid. Needs some game time.

Guest Jack the Hat
59 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Well done SWFC, good to see us appearing to finally learn from our mistakes 

Have we learned from our mistakes or is Bailey and his advisors more realistic and less greedy than hirst and shawetc

3 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Have we learned from our mistakes or is Bailey and his advisors more realistic and less greedy than hirst and shawetc

Personally I think both the Hirst and Shaw scenarios would’ve played out differently had Moore been manager at the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack the Hat said:

Well we’ve apparently learned that paying players on time helps persuade youngsters to stay with us… baby steps 

lol 

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Personally I think both the Hirst and Shaw scenarios would’ve played out differently had Moore been manager at the time.

Doubt that. The issues were above the heads of the previous managers. Moore IMO has done well but has undoubtedly benefitted from far better support from DC than either Monk or Pulis.

4 hours ago, marconi said:

Good news. Well done to Bailey and his dad.

Deserves some game time to reward his loyalty now.

Only deserves game time if moore thinks he’s up to scratch and above others. Should have nowt to do with loyalty, age, background. 

• Thanks 1