Derby takeover expected to collapse

3 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Why are they even allowed to still sign players when they're nearly going bust and the current owner won't fund them no more? 

I'm not sure they are allowed to. The last I heard they'd only got 5 players under contract beyond the end of this month and they'd not been able to offer new contracts to players whose contracts were expiring.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I predict that, in a few years (no more than 5) they’ll be in better shape than we are.

Nailed on, I said this in another thread.

Wigan, Blackpool and Coventry are just a few clubs off the top of my head where fans in defence of Chancer have said, it could be worse we could be them and are now all in the division above us.

I’ve no doubt Derby will be added to this list in the next few years as well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

There is an extremely high chance they won’t start the season, this week is their most important week. They are literally weeks away at most from vanishing. 

fingers crossed 

Edited by ANDY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

The annoying thing is that once they get taken over they will be signing good players for this level and probably be challenging at the top of the table. Imo they should be starting the season with a point deduction at least!!

I don’t know all the ins and outs but I think there’s a possibility they’ll be starting the season with a 15 point deduction, if they even start it at all 

Just chuck them out of the league.

All this fluffy guff about feeling for the fans etc.. I don’t give a sh*t. Another set of fans who have mouthed off at clubs like us for years and not given our woes a second thought.

Mike Ashley is a hideous vulture, but his business’ have to operate at some stability for his business model to work, and that means they’d be a significant problem under Mike Ashley for us.

Not interested in that. Fingers crossed they get punted out of the league.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Just chuck them out of the league.

All this fluffy guff about feeling for the fans etc.. I don’t give a sh*t. Another set of fans who have mouthed off at clubs like us for years and not given our woes a second thought.

Mike Ashley is a hideous vulture, but his business’ have to operate at some stability for his business model to work, and that means they’d be a significant problem under Mike Ashley for us.

Not interested in that. Fingers crossed they get punted out of the league.

Honestly how would you feel if other fans said about Wednesday? We could easily be in this position one day. 

Yeah some Derby fans are rubbish, but some are just ordinary football folk who love watching their club like you and I.

I sincerely hope they don’t go under and find a buyer. They’re a good club Derby, fans don’t deserve all this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't want them to go out of business. 

Honestly, there's only one club I'd reserve that for. Won't be hard to guess who. Actually, I would have peed myself if Chelsea had gone t*ts up too, but here we are. 

But I do agree we are getting to a point with Derby where you wonder when enough is enough? 

EFL now stepping in? 

Appreciate that no transaction is exactly the same, but I do struggle to recall such desperation when Bury went kaput, or Macclesfield for that mater? With Bury, wasn't it a case of an owner effectively bankrupting the club/deciding he could no longer fund it and then refusing to sell to any prospective buyer? Isn't that pretty much what's going on here with Derby and Mel Morris, albeit the stadium is the main sticking point? Uncle Mel wants X amount for the stadium and no deal will go ahead unless someone is willing to take it off his hands? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Honestly how would you feel if other fans said about Wednesday? We could easily be in this position one day. 

Yeah some Derby fans are rubbish, but some are just ordinary football folk who love watching their club like you and I.

I sincerely hope they don’t go under and find a buyer. They’re a good club Derby, fans don’t deserve all this. 

“Could easily be in this position”. We were in this position. I’ve got vivid memories of watching a clock tick down thinking our club was about to die on the steps of the high court in an hours time. I don’t recall swathes of public support for us.

We don’t have a pot to ******** in now, really, as we enter our 22nd season since relegation from the top flight and our sixth in the third tier within the same timeframe. Nobody else cares. Specific to Derby, look at the song and dance made of Wayne Rooney’s Derby County staying up at our expense a year ago, and the difference in coverage when they dropped this year anyway.

A lot of the “support within the football community” for other clubs is absolute tripe. Most fans don’t care until it’s their own club. I wouldn’t expect the modern game to come rallying to our survival and I’m not going to engage in a load of fluff particularly hoping Derby get out of it. 

The thing with all ordinary football folk is they just want to watch their team. The good news is, if they want to, they can do that at Step 10. I know a couple of lads who support phoenix clubs who have been loving it. Best of luck to them, but they’re not entitled to do that in League One while their shambles of a club is somehow kept alive by the charity of the league or an administrator. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1