Derby takeover expected to collapse

26 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

My mate is a Derby season ticket holder and he told me on Thursday that season tickets aren’t on sale yet.

Makes you wonder how the administrators intend to prove funding for next season to the EFL if that's the case. 

This takeover saga has been going on for 9 months and unlikely to be resolved before EFL release next season's  fixtures a week on Thursday.

42 minutes ago, striker said:

Makes you wonder how the administrators intend to prove funding for next season to the EFL if that's the case. 

This takeover saga has been going on for 9 months and unlikely to be resolved before EFL release next season's  fixtures a week on Thursday.

I’m not sure the administrator can sell season tickets. I think they are concerned that if they sell season tickets without a takeover that they would be increasing the club’s creditors and selling a service that they may not be able to supply.

• Thanks 1

The whole thing has been decidedly dodgy from the outset. 

Weren't these administrators associates or, at the very least, known to Morris before they were appointed? 

The preferred bidder (who I am assuming was in part picked because he'd supposedly stump up the asking price for the stadium too) doesn't appear to have a pot to pi55 in (football terms anyway) and has been supposedly taking over for several months now. 

When it comes to us, I just hope that Chansiri has learnt some lessons. Talk of adopting a sustainable approach going forward and what not, but we will see. 

40 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I’m not sure the administrator can sell season tickets. I think they are concerned that if they sell season tickets without a takeover that they would be increasing the club’s creditors and selling a service that they may not be able to supply.

Good point, didn't think of that. 

Wonder what asset they are selling next to fund next season then? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Good point, didn't think of that. 

Wonder what asset they are selling next to fund next season then? 

That maybe the issue. Think that's what did for bury in the end.

Plus they only have 5 players on the books.

Times quickly running out.

1 hour ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Surely they could create an escrow account so that any such money is ring fenced for return should it all go t1ts up? That way at least they'd have some idea of the operating capital available.

The administrators’ primary obligation is to get the best deal for the creditors, so they have to do one simple calculation. (Simple to state, more complex to complete). And that is how much money will they get if they liquidate the club? Can a buyer be found who will pay more than that sum?

On the basis that DCFC do not own the ground (not sure about training ground) and only have five contracted players (who can probably soon leave due to non payment of wages) liquidation will generate a little more than sod all. What’s the value of the silverware in the trophy cabinet when melted down?

So the administrators have little option but to accept whatever Ashley (or any other party) is prepared to stump up. But it seems that Ashley will only make an offer conditional on agreeing the ground sale with Morris.

It’s not a question of which of administrators or Ashley will blink first. The administrators are already blinking. It’s a question of whether Morris will, or does he want to stuff the fans for all the grief they’ve given him? How stubborn is he? How much is he prepared to lose to give a last V sign to the fans?

Ashley will buy them, local businesses, creditors will get tuppence in the pound and go bust, everyone will love "plucky Derby" , referees will give them every decision because they want a signed shirt from Rooney and they'll pip us to promotion. That's why I have no sympathy for them.

• Like 3