Derby takeover expected to collapse

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Wouldn't want them to go out of business or anything like that, but a less competitive Derby County in League One can only be a good thing. 

Happened to assorted other clubs so why should Derby get special treatment?

There is no chance of the game ever getting it's house in order until there are some big name casualties, you can't have one set of rules for the likes of Hereford, Bury, Darlington etc. but let Derby (or could have been us) get away with it purely because we are bigger and have a relatively prestigious history. Sorry but for the integrity of the game (potential oxymoron there) it needs to happen.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Happened to assorted other clubs so why should Derby get special treatment?

There is no chance of the game ever getting it's house in order until there are some big name casualties, you can't have one set of rules for the likes of Hereford, Bury, Darlington etc. but let Derby (or could have been us) get away with it purely because we are bigger and have a relatively prestigious history. Sorry but for the integrity of the game (potential oxymoron there) it needs to happen.

Where did I say I was happy with Hereford, Bury and Darlington go out of business? 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

True, but this guy appears to be right out of the Geoff Sheard school. 

What about that other geezer that was buying us? Mamadov or something like that. 

We even had our shirts with the Land of Fire sponsor on it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bradowl said:

What about that other geezer that was buying us? Mamadov or something like that. 

We even had our shirts with the Land of Fire sponsor on it. 

Yep, that was a thing. 

Believed he was the owner of Lille at the time? 

Says something when you end up with Chansiri and still think you dodged a bullet. 

Edited by SiJ

47 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep, that was a thing. 

Believed he was the owner of Lille at the time? 

Says something when you end up with Chansiri and still think you dodged a bullet. 

Think he also had some deal with a big Spanish club, Athletico Madris I think?

Guy was loaded at one stage, then got done and it all went to pot. Without looking him up, I have a feeling he's either locked up or on the run lol

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Where did I say I was happy with Hereford, Bury and Darlington go out of business? 

Sorry if you thought that was what I was saying, I wasn't.