Jump to content

FDB to be offered new contract……


Recommended Posts

Sheffield Wednesday are believed to be considering a new deal for Owls midfielder, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru according to Joe Crann.

The 21-year-old will enter into the last year of his contract at Hillsborough next month, and The Star understands that Wednesday are looking into the possibility of tabling an improved contract to the former Manchester City youngster.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, whatdial said:

He should be in the team. Not put on loan. 

Definitely. He is a first team player why would we loan him out? We should have done 2 years ago mind.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Good.

 

He and Dennis, along with Bannan and Byers (and hopefully Luongo) gives us a superb midfield 3. 
 

FDB could be anything he wants to be. Players with his strength on the ball and ability to drive forward with such power and pace are rare. He just needs to show it for 70 minutes not 20 minutes.

 

He’s very young. A hugely exciting prospect who should be too good for L1 next season.

Surely 90 minutes should be the aim?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm................handful of good displays in 2 years , and none of them over 90 minutes..

 

Maybe not on big money  and glimpses of potential so possibly worth persevering with ?.....but needs to improve markedly for me.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, whatdial said:

He should be in the team. Not put on loan. 

Absolutely. He has all the attributes to be regular first team player at League 1 level.

Has to be given the opportunity because if we don’t someone else will. Getting him under a longer contract and in the team is a priority if the powers that be are really interested in giving younger players a chance.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Absolutely. He has all the attributes to be regular first team player at League 1 level.

Has to be given the opportunity because if we don’t someone else will. Getting him under a longer contract and in the team is a priority if the powers that be are really interested in giving younger players a chance.

 

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

No 

Why not a loan for the first half of the season to a lower mid table club where there is less pressure and he can get 20+ games in?

 

Then if he does get the consistency needed for our first team, we can bring him back for the second half.

 

Surely that would be better for him and us than the odd start, a few sub appearances and the PJT, which is what he would get here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

His main problem is his reading of the game, it's so off where it needs to be defensively, he's often standing around with no idea what he should be doing, where he should be marking etc. etc. needs some serious coaching and will be a force to be reckoned with, assuming it's not too late in his development and he's willing to learn.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

 

Why not a loan for the first half of the season to a lower mid table club where there is less pressure and he can get 20+ games in?

 

Then if he does get the consistency needed for our first team, we can bring him back for the second half.

 

Surely that would be better for him and us than the odd start, a few sub appearances and the PJT, which is what he would get here?

I don’t believe it’s sensible to loan your young players to clubs in a league where they are competitors and he’d be foolish to accept a loan in L2.  Best thing for his development is playing alongside the likes of Bannan. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going from a kid to a man now - you could see he has stepped up in some areas now last year, hopefully a good pre season and he should kick on this year. 

 

No reason why he can't take this league on now - 21 is a right age to kick on. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, whatdial said:

He should be in the team. Not put on loan. 


personally don’t think he is ready to be in the team. If we keep people like Bannan, Luongo, Byers and Adeniran fit next season FDB won’t be starting games. A loan imo would do him the world of good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Surely 90 minutes should be the aim?


Of course, but right now at his young age, if he could do for 60/70 minutes what he does for 20 minutes he’d transform our team and his value.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

His main problem is his reading of the game, it's so off where it needs to be defensively, he's often standing around with no idea what he should be doing, where he should be marking etc. etc. needs some serious coaching and will be a force to be reckoned with, assuming it's not too late in his development and he's willing to learn.


Playing alongside Luongo would be perfect for his education.

 

Luongo’s positional sense and game-reading are outstanding.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...