Why Wednesday?

My Granddad went to matches - Then he started taking my dad - inevitably I started going (first game was in 1967 - don't remember much about that one)....  In 1975 we emigrated to Canada - lived in Ontario for a few years - moved to Alberta in 1980 and finally to Vancouver in 96.
To be honest, it was really difficult to see the Owls (once in a while on TV) - the scores were in the Sunday papers back then.  Even up to around 1998 it was usually just one or tw clips of highlights on the Wednesday site.. 

I know a lot of you guys think iFollow is a pile of **** - for me it was a godsend... finally being able to listen live and subsequently being able to watch live...  Worth every penny (cent) in my opinion.

So I definitely remember the glory years of Hirst etc.  just had the odd video on internet and lots and lots of paper clippings from my friend in High Green (cheers Ian)...   Honestly, the odds of me still following them must be astronomical - I really still can't believe that I hung in there for so many years....  I guess Wednesday Till I Die is really a "thing"... WAWAW

• Love 1

Saaaath London born and bred. Zero family ties to Sheffield.

Aged 10 on cup final day in 93, I was up the local High Street with my sister and made up some story about wanting to go home to watch the match even though I'd barely ever watched a game of football in my life. My sister didn't believe a word of it and called my bluff so I had to be watching the match when she got home otherwise she'd win the argument, call me a big fat liar - and she'd be right. I ended up really getting into the match, picked the team in blue and white to follow and the rest is history.

So for being annoying to my sister for one afternoon I've ensured nearly three decades of near constant misery. I tell you what - karma is a massively disproportionate bell end.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Onge said:

Saaaath London born and bred. Zero family ties to Sheffield.

Aged 10 on cup final day in 93, I was up the local High Street with my sister and made up some story about wanting to go home to watch the match even though I'd barely ever watched a game of football in my life. My sister didn't believe a word of it and called my bluff so I had to be watching the match when she got home otherwise she'd win the argument, call me a big fat liar - and she'd be right. I ended up really getting into the match, picked the team in blue and white to follow and the rest is history.

So for being annoying to my sister for one afternoon I've ensured nearly three decades of near constant misery. I tell you what - karma is a massively disproportionate bell end.

Classic