Should football fans be allowed to drink in grounds like cricket?

5 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Is it the pissed up ' old school hooligans ' that stopped us 'old school ' south standers exiting on to Leppings Lane or is to protect us from the hoollis from Morecambe  ?

It's the worried health & safety officers, who believe that it's best to treat all people like aggressive idiots!!

13 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Is it the pissed up ' old school hooligans ' that stopped us 'old school ' south standers exiting on to Leppings Lane 

Yes 

In a round about way yes it is

Without their behaviour in the 70's and 80's you'd be able to exit where you want, have a beer in the stands, and go to matches without being treat like cattle

Owlstalk Shop

So the hoolis of 50 years ago are the reason I have to walk twice as far to get to where I wanted to be in the first place ? 

Amazing how society has failed to progress in the meantime [ and policing ] .

• Like 3

I think it's important to remember that football is actually quite fun to watch. Beer is like a bonus, be nice if you could, but the game should keep you occupied. 

Cricket, on the other hand, is monumentally dull. Drinking should be encouraged. 

• Like 2

When you can drink for the whole day anyway, there is no need to drink whilst the game is on. Can have a drink at HT if you want one. 

T20 and Hundred attracts the football fans in the summer which is great for numbers but hopefully incidents like that chap are kept to a minimum.