Should football fans be allowed to drink in grounds like cricket?

Of course football fans should be allowed to drink in the stands. 

Alcohol is not illegal and if you can drink anytime and anywhere, it makes it just far more relaxed and enjoyable.

IMO the main problem in the UK is that the regulations force the people to drink much faster  (quick pint before the game; last order before the bell, etc). 

Relax the rules and people will relax and improve their drinking habits!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, GermanBird said:

We have got a long history of weird drinking rules to get over, it will take us generations to grow up when it comes to drinking.

I think we should be allowed to drink while watching football because it is a ludicrous rules that says we can't. That said, I am 46 now and never been able to drink while watching the match so I am so use to it now it doesn't bother me.

27 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Of course football fans should be allowed to drink in the stands. 

Alcohol is not illegal and if you can drink anytime and anywhere, it makes it just far more relaxed and enjoyable.

IMO the main problem in the UK is that the regulations force the people to drink much faster  (quick pint before the game; last order before the bell, etc). 

You can pretty much get a drink anytime from 9am till 6 am if you chose.is that not enough time?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

You can pretty much get a drink anytime from 9am till 6 am if you chose.is that not enough time?

When I go out I usually have lots of coffee and hardly any alcohol, so for me it doesn't really matter. The coffee machine in the pub shuts much earlier anyway.  

I would appreciate, if you could tell me the pub, where you can get beer till 6 am in the UK.

It's really funny, to watch my friends in an English pub compared to the same friends, on their visits here in Germany. They do drink much slower in Germany as we don't have the bell to rush them.

9 hours ago, OneManBand said:

No, because football fans are idiots and they'll chuck it all over the people around them.

Exactly this.

Don't exactly know when this throwing beer in the air thing started, but it seems to be a load of people with more money than sense. All the fan parks from 2018 and Euro 2020 in the UK seemed like this, judging by the TV.

I went to an international football game recently where you could drink in the stand and everyone got soaked in beer (it finished 4-0).

If the match had been two months earlier we wouldn't have been allowed to go because of the Covid rules. From closed stadiums to throwing half-finished pints all over each other in two months.

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

When I go out I usually have lots of coffee and hardly any alcohol, so for me it doesn't really matter. The coffee machine in the pub shuts much earlier anyway.  

I would appreciate, if you could tell me the pub, where you can get beer till 6 am in the UK.

It's really funny, to watch my friends in an English pub compared to the same friends, on their visits here in Germany. They do drink much slower in Germany as we don't have the bell to rush them.

Night clubs more than pubs. Pubs are anytime between 12 and 2ish. Although I know some pubs where you can get drink till the early hours. 

7 hours ago, casbahowl said:

I’m not making comparisons mate I’m using  just one of many examples of violence in cricket stadiums I’ve seen over the years which contradicts your statement……….

“Problem is at the cricket you don’t find fans throwing stuff at players, storming the pitch/attacking players, fighting with each other”

But surely it’s far more prevalent in football and very few and far between at cricket? 

Apart from an attack on the pitch in the 80s,  I don’t recall seeing what happened to billy sharp the other week, in cricket?

I see lots of players heckled from the stand but not bottles and coins thrown at them regularly?

Not to mention the point about violence in the stadium…at the cricket you can sit opposing fans together most of the time!

Imagine if we did that in football

On a typical 3 pm match day you can drink 

1.  As soon as you get up if you wish- just buy some cans the night before 

2.  In any pub from 11 am.

3.  You can drink a can on the way to the stadium

4.  You can drink in the stadium under the stand

5.  You can drink after the match in most pubs until 11pm

6.  You can then drink more at home or in a club/ late bar

so you can drink pretty much every minute of the day bar 90 mins of football and still people want to drink in that 90 mins.

I 100 percent support no drinking in the stands. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

so you can drink pretty much every minute of the day bar 90 mins of football and still people want to drink in that 90 mins.

All these time restrictions and regulations are what’s forcing people to drink faster.

• Like 1

Personally think it’s ridiculous it’s not allowed . Unacceptable , initially there may be some who take it too far but just deal with them , why should a minority spoil it for Majority . Nobody can tell me no cricket fans have ever gone too far . 
baffling 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

The problem is that people rush the beer before the game, rush another one in half time etc.

I agree that people are able to survive 90 min without a beer, but why should they? Why shouldn't you have a drink while you are watching the game? 

I do not believe that English people cannot behave. It's the rules, which created the drinking culture and therefore the rules have to change.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Another reason they don't do it 

How would they stop a adult buying 3 or 4 pints for a group of 16/17 year kids 

Because let's be honest it would happen 

Not worth the hassle 

Like that’s never happened in a pub an hour before ?