Lee Gregory

Guest DoesJackHunt
10 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Because he has a year left!

If we think he’s worth another contract in 6-12 months, do it then.

Why does every other club not give 34 year olds two year contracts? Because it makes no sense!

Pack it in 

3 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

F000k off Luke you miserable fool !

Ok your right 

Let's resign Westwood and Hutchinson get the band back together then in a years time Blame it on every other player why we've failed yet again and the serial losers get away with it Scott free again 

People like you is what chansiri loves 

Happy to accept second best 

• Like 1

Wasn't the so called interest from Derby?  Considering they got relegated for breaching spending rules after a points deduction then surely they would be under an embargo so wont be able to spend anything on transfer fees?

Gregory was great last season but he is now 33, I think we should keep him for this season but would not offer him an extended contract yet, but maybe in the new year if he is still playing well and injury free..

• Like 1

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

And if he did we would easily replace him.

But the very reason that we could easily replace him and that he is 34 and no clubs in English football offer 34 year olds two year contracts - is why it’s just nonsensical rubbish.

I’m just suggesting an extra year. He’s proven, reliable and knows this league. A league we might be in the season after this one. 

As for easily replaceable, we’ve done a really good job of finding players this last 20 years that aren’t proven, or reliable. Sometimes it’s better to gamble a bit on what you have rather than on what you don’t have. 

• Like 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok your right 

Let's resign Westwood and Hutchinson get the band back together then in a years time Blame it on every other player why we've failed yet again and the serial losers get away with it Scott free again 

People like you is what chansiri loves 

Happy to accept second best 

People like me! 
look let’s get better.

Who are we getting Luke and you better list some names or just foook off with your miserable sh!te 

post your list of realistic replacement pal ! 

3 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Find me examples of outfield players of 34 years or more in age getting two+ year contracts and I’ll gladly admit my mistake.

I can find Ronaldo.

The rest get one year extensions every year.

Jamie Vardy got a three year one at 33.

And I think Chelsea gave Thiago Silva a 2 yr deal when they got him from PSG.

Ive just looked, it’s incredibly rare.

7 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Jamie Vardy got a three year one at 33.

And I think Chelsea gave Thiago Silva a 2 yr deal when they got him from PSG.

Ive just looked, it’s incredibly rare.

Steven Fletcher for stoke at 33 from us.

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Find me examples of outfield players of 34 years or more in age getting two+ year contracts and I’ll gladly admit my mistake.

I can find Ronaldo.

The rest get one year extensions every year.

well youve answered  the question them .........

1 hour ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Average, he’s was absolutely brilliant second half of the season, he’s not only a top striker at this level but he’s a menace as well. He was fantastic for us last season. Hence the reason we sang his song on repeat. 
if you’re not fussed if he went, who are you bringing in ? And you better have have a good answer son because I’ve had a few beer and this could turn into banana gate all over again! 

Dennis Gregory

9 minutes ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

Don’t forget he didn’t really have a decent strike partner either - if him and Windass had played together all season he would have got alot more goals and probably given Windass alot of assists 

No guarantee of that whatsoever. Some partnerships work, some don’t. Windass is hardly the most selfless of players and quite often plays with his head down.

1 year deal for me. Pretty standard at this level and age.

Guest DoesJackHunt
9 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

They give him a 2 year deal at 33 like we did Gregory. Which in itself is rare (and madness with Fletcher’s injury record).

People are advocating going a year further with Gregory.

Let’s get Nigel Jemson back